And now for something completly different...

Hi All,

My local model club set a challenge for the club to build a kit or kits for under £10... We have until our August club night to complete the builds, we each pay £1 to enter with the judged winner taking all the prize money. Anyway at Southern Expo model show I found under the tables two 'Born Loser' kits in bags so a fellow club member and I went and bought them. He will build his the CASTRO kit and I am building this one the HITLER kit.

I had never seen these before and after I a little research I discovered that they were originally made in 1965 by Park Plastics, and are the only kits they ever released, Napoleon Castro and Hitler ...a fourth kit Caesar was to be added to the list but because of poor sales he was given the thumbs down... A Mexican company re-released them in the late 80s'and I think my kit is one of these.

HITLER00.jpg

HITLER01.jpg

HITLER02.jpg

I have never built figures but hope the caricature nature of this kit will make it a good first attempt.

Interesting concept, if they sold more perhaps Chairman Mao and others would have joined the rogues gallery...BTW, Castro was a "born loser" as well, just not on the scale of a Hitler or Stalin.

Cheers,

ggc

Thank's for the update, that's looking cool...!!

Cheers,

ggc

Hi Sean,

That looks like something you could really go to town on - lots of possibilities - "having fun and making models" - as it should be - looking forward to seeing it come together,

Cheers,

BTW - love the Aircorps roundel!

Paul

• 3 months later...
Some nice paintwork there Sean, there's a touch of the Aurora about those kits in spirit at least.
Looking great Sean.

Cheers, I'm just glad it was cartoonish which hides mistakes better... the burnt out tank was a first for me as well...

• 3 months later...

Aha!

Say, what ever happened to Hitler? I saw a programme on TV about him the other week, I couldn't believe some of the stuff he was saying.

Someone should do something.

Edited by Jonathan Mock