Italeri 1/48 Tornado F3

That is looking particularly fine. I have one in the stash but too much on the bench at the moment! Gone up the list considerably though.

Thanks fella. The kit is pretty good even if it has a few omissions.

All the best

Lenny

Edited by Lennyb72

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, I'm back after me break and I'm ready and waiting to get back in the saddle.

I've managed to get through a little bit. I airbrushed a matt varnish over the model and taken the masks off the canopy. Gave myself a fright when I took some overspray off the inside of the canopy. I used Tamiya thinners to take off the overspray Tamiya Sky Grey and it reacted with the Klear I had put on before spraying. What a :wall: oh well we learn from our mistakes.

The following images are after a promodlers wash and the fitting of the U/C all parts fitted really well and I'm quite happy will the result so far.

Any pointers and comments very welcome.

All the best

Lenny

allsorts142-1.jpg

allsorts141-1.jpg

allsorts146.jpg

allsorts145.jpg

allsorts144.jpg

allsorts147.jpg

Looks great...

Pity you left it parked in Liverpool overnight. :D

Couldn't believe it. Parked it for five minutes to get a paper. Never again!!!!

Thanks gents for your comments. I'm going to have another bash at it this weekend and will post some more.

All the best

Lenny

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've manage to get a bit more done to the Tornado today and this will be the last in progress post. Fingers crossed and I seem to be doing it alot lately I'll post it on Ready for Inspection soon. Went to Kwik Fit and got my wheels back and I've put most of the ordenance on. Hope you enjoy the photos.

Any comments and pointers are very welcome.

Tornadowepons002.jpg

Tornadowepons003.jpg

Tornadowepons004.jpg

Tornadowepons005.jpg

Tornadowepons006.jpg

Tornadowepons007.jpg

Tornadowepons007.jpg

Tornadowepons008.jpg

All the best

Lenny

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi all,

I've manage to get a bit more done to the Tornado today and this will be the last in progress post. Fingers crossed and I seem to be doing it alot lately I'll post it on Ready for Inspection soon. Went to Kwik Fit and got my wheels back and I've put most of the ordenance on. Hope you enjoy the photos.

Any comments and pointers are very welcome.

Tornadowepons002.jpg

Tornadowepons003.jpg

Tornadowepons004.jpg

Tornadowepons005.jpg

Tornadowepons006.jpg

Tornadowepons007.jpg

Tornadowepons007.jpg

Tornadowepons008.jpg

All the best

Lenny

F3 Looking good, but for the future please note the missles are wrong colours. The Drill Skyflash missiles should be Light aircraft Grey with Oxford blue bands and wing disks, and the drill missile did not have a seperate radome. The Sidewinders should be gull grey.

Selwyn