Tamiya Humvee M1025

bought this on sunday (always liked the tamiya models) everything has had one coat of paint/spray and needs touching up

chassis assembled and painted (sorry for poor pic)

P3200010.jpg

i really like the tyres,im thinking of 'weighting' them

P3200009.jpg

grenade launcher

P3200008.jpg

added CIP panels to the doors.CIP panels are from the tamiya modern US kit the door handle holes were a pain

P3200005.jpg

interior painted i scratch built the laptop though the keyboard is a challenge!! and the bottled water box,thinking of using left clear sprue for bottles

P3200004.jpg

P3200003.jpg

the hood needs some work to make it fit properly,the recess on the left needs filing and the engine part also requires some filing,also the lights inside the hood need cutting away as this also cause's the bad fit of the hood

P3200001.jpg

dry fitted

P3200012.jpg

so far its a nice kit to build though a few more bits to add the interior

thanks for looking :winkgrin:

Edited by dj prest

Nice so far, I too have always liked the Tamiya kits, even though the likes of Dragon are getting better in terms of quality of detail... :)

Hi,

Nice work so far, looking forward to the finished article.

I also have Tamiya M1025 HUMVEE on the work bench, actualy its made it's way back into the box. Have a few problems with the MIG after market resin kit - doors don't fit with the roof on plus a few other bits.

I might make a blown up HUMVEE out of it. I want to add the HUMVEE to my built collection so I am on the look out for another kit, this time it will be an out of the box build.

Keep the pics coming...:photo:

Edited by 1964rac

Hi,

Nice work. The laptop sure looks like Panasonic Toughbook. I brought one of these kits after reading the Marcus Nicholls build in TMMI issue 100.

The weighted look on tyre explained in this issue of TMMI.

This build up shows a styrene cube glued to wheel rim and small drop of thick cyno applied to cube and passed into the tyre. It says the inner face of tyre adheres to the cube, pulling the tread inwards. The chassis was then weighted with paint jars allowing the glue to cure. I am not sure how good this will go. If feel its lot better to try than buy those expensive aftermarket goodies.

There are many diff aftermarket tires Bias ply and radial. ref

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/revi...mmwv_wheels.htm

http://cgi.ebay.ph/RESIN-SUPER-SWAMPER-TIR...E-/290467488733

Looking forward for the completed model.

Cheers,

rishi

for inspiration you could always watch HBO#s generation kill, some fantastic shots of the HUMVEE internal, external, and even underside, well worth view for all you colour and weathering needs. hell its well worth view just because its ace.

for inspiration you could always watch HBO#s generation kill, some fantastic shots of the HUMVEE internal, external, and even underside, well worth view for all you colour and weathering needs. hell its well worth view just because its ace.

thanks for that moofles! looks great im downloading them

I watched Generation kill and it has made me want to build a Humvee they seem like the workhorse great model." make sure you get a shave!!!" (you will know what im talking about when you watch it)

Edited by ranger79

I watched Generation kill and it has made me want to build a Humvee they seem like the workhorse great model." make sure you get a shave!!!" (you will know what im talking about when you watch it)

its a great resource and a good programme i only have 2 episodes left to watch,far better than the hurt locker

after watching 'Generation Kill'

i have gone mad and tried to replicate the main humvee in the program :analintruder:

so over the last few days i have

taken off the CIP panels

changed the bonnet engine vent

completely stripped the main colour paint

re-painted the humvee

th_338646167_gk11_122_131lo.JPG th_338649470_gk1_122_444lo.JPG