Italeri F3

sooty

I'll be building the Italeri F3 for my build and it will be out of the box except for the decals, but I can't decide which scheme to go for. Having been on three F3 sqn's I have a soft spot for all of them. The choices are,

56 Sqn

10681521.jpg

43 Sqn

071_1380ww51.jpg

111 Sqn

091_9120w51.jpg

I will eventually build all three of these schemes but I'll let let you decide which one I do for the groupbuild.

MTD350, I do want to do that scheme, but I'm rubbish with masks and there doesn't seem to be any sqn crests provided.

sooty,

Our masks are very easy to use and if you follow the instructions I'm confident you will produce excellent results.

Regarding the crests that were applied to both sides of the nose - The copyright for these items is retained by the Ministry of Defence. We have applied to the MoD for a licence to reproduce RAF squadron crests and logos in decal form. When we have received a copyright licence from the MoD, we will be supplying crest decals with the retirement scheme masks. These decals will be supplied free of charge to any customer who ordered the mask set before the scheme was completed, or who orders the set before we have received permission to reproduce the crests from the MoD.

In addition we can supply masks for the Firebirds scheme you require and I believe we are the only company to offer an accurate rendition of the markings for this scheme. We can also do custom masks for the 111 Sqn and 43 Sqn schemes should you wish.

I hope that this assists you with your markings decision.

Best regards,

Ian

Edited by AdAstraMasks

Haha chicken

Well I did buy them .....and duly scratched ma heed thinking how the F... do these work. I'm sure I'll figure it out though.

Duty Cpl I presume, should've taken your stuff in, it'll given you something to do in the wee small hours

Jack

• 2 weeks later...

Well something strange has happened with this build. I appear to have five, yes five, part built Tonka's on my desk, 3 F3's and two GR's. At least I don't have to worry about U/C bay colours as the F3's are all gonna be wheels up. I'll post some pics when they look a bit more interesting.

At least I don't have to worry about U/C bay colours as the F3's are all gonna be wheels up. I'll post some pics when they look a bit more interesting.

Have you ran out of WHITE paint mate? I will bring some down with me when i come!!!!

Just to prove I am building here's a quick update. The model at the back is the hobbyboss kit and will not be included in the group build as it was quite far gone when the group build started.

IMGP0729.jpg

Funny you should say that, I went to start putting some filler on this morning and I can't find it anywhere, god know's where its gone. Think I'll have to get a couple of tubes though. The Italeri kit doesn't go together anywhere near as good the Hobbyboss one

Funny you should say that, I went to start putting some filler on this morning and I can't find it anywhere, god know's where its gone.

It'll be in your safe place. or in a box somewhere.

Steve

p.s. I hope you don't mind me putting the F.3 pictures I got from you into the ref. section?

Do the 43sqn one. its a great scheme.