• SaintsPhil - Black Thunder
    • SaintsPhil - Black F.3
    • martin77 - F.3 25 Sqn.
    • PaulR - GR.1 Foxy Killer
    • mctrl87 - F.3 ZE764
    • Dermo245 GR.1 Dahran Annie
    • Hardtarget - I.D.S. MFG.1

• 1 month later...

YES, I am the first one! Never thought this might could happen... B)

Some Facts of that specific Aircraft:

Original

1994 - The first Tiger airplane of the 321 tigers is given birth. It is designed for the Cambrai Tigermeet in France and presented to the world in the course of a squadron party on the 29.04.94.

There are no limitations except that the wing sweep area within the fuselage has to be kept clear of any paintings or markings. Because of that it was decided to bring up a tiger marking between radar nose and the wing roots. Additionally the insigna of the squadron crest were brought up on the tail.

Together with the 46+36 and 46+40, the 46+35 participates in the Cambrai Tiger meet where one of the other two airplanes is always a spare for any technical trouble with one of the others.

When the repainting took place is not known. Ensured is, that the plane was green again on the 15.12.1994. But the painter has been sloppy and just painted in green (without a camouflage scheme) all over the front part. When the 46+35 became a grey one is not known but the fact, that it was one of the last two airplanes together with the 46+57.

Information taken from here

Scale

• Decals from Mini Print MPD72021
  • Kit from Revell --> REVELL 04617 - Tornado ECR "Tigermeet"
  • Frontwheel has been cut, to bring the Nose closer to the ground
  • Colors are mainly Valejo Model Air, Yellow is from Lifecolor, some Tamiya and some Revell Colors have been used, too.
  • Rest is out of the box

And my build thread... :lol:

4635_01.jpg

4635_02.jpg

4635_03.jpg

4635_04.jpg

Edited by hillstar

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my first:

Revell Black thunder

Build here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=73791

RFI here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=76405

My 4 pics:

DSCF3558.jpg

DSCF3560.jpg

DSCF3563.jpg

DSCF3562.jpg

I've really enjoyed this GB thanks to the guys for organizing and hosting and to everyone for all the encouragement and comments!

Phil

well at long last shes in the finished section, and i can now breathe again.

This is the hasegawa 1/72nd scale Tornado F3 kit, in the markings of 25sqn, RAF leeming in North Yorkshire in 1990.

I've use the Eduard etched cockpit fret, and the rear caging around the screens and the HUD is all scratch built. I've also used Aeroclub, Martin Baker Mk10 seats, and also added all the brake lines myself, as well as detail around the inside of the canopy.

Really enjoyed this kit of my all time favourite aircraft, and i hope you all like her too.

004-5.jpg

005-5.jpg

006-5.jpg

008-4.jpg

Here is my entry:

The Revell (Italeri) ADV F.3 as ZE764 circa late 1980s. This kit was a real pain on more then one occasion, but one of the virtues of this kit is working swing wings, wing pylons and ailerons. :D In addition to boxed kit I also used 2 Pavla ejector seats which are much better then the kit seats.

Build Thread

Click the pics to enlarge. :)

dsc0051rt.th.jpg dsc0069aru.th.jpg dsc0074cl.th.jpg dsc0098aq.th.jpg

Sorry if the photos aren't very good, this is my first time posting a finished build online.

Edited by mctrl87