1/32 Tornado GR4 Op Telic Danger Mouse.

spike7451

My build will be basically out of the box apart from using the Eduard Tornado detail set.It's going to be upgraded to a GR4 & in the colours of an Op Telic mount "Danger Mouse/Dallas Dhu.

Tornado_15a.jpg

Photo's to follow when I've got batteries for the camera...

Regards,

Merv

Edited by spike7451

Risking it a bit there... :lol:

542 did spend a bit of time on 617's books... Currently operated by 31 from marham.

Which squadron was she with during Op Telic?

I only ask because I was under the impression that 617 named their aircraft after brands of whiskey.

Edited by jacksdad64

Which squadron was she with during Op Telic?

I only ask because I was under the impression that 617 named their aircraft after brands of whiskey.

There are better qualified people than me to answer the question more fully, but I would have thought that if she was with 617, she would have carries an "AJ-?" tail code.

I'm most likely wrong though, like I said no expert.

There are better qualified people than me to answer the question more fully, but I would have thought that if she was with 617, she would have carries an "AJ-?" tail code.

I'm most likely wrong though, like I said no expert.

I believe you are right. Digging around t'internet I found these.

Feb 2004

http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK---Air/Pa...ed6e852e2aa8a98

Dec 2003

June 2003

http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK---Air/Pa...18d140d2da71ca0

You were right though, as there is this from September 1984

Steve

Edited by jacksdad64

OK,

The photo's..

The kit;

Image110.jpg

Image112.jpg

Image111.jpg

And the Eduard fret;

Image113.jpg

Cockpit & airframe bits;

Image114.jpg

Ladder & airframe bits;

Image118.jpg

Instrument decals;

Image117.jpg

Complete set;

Image119.jpg

As for is she/isn't she 61Spare....She wasn't!! She was 31Sqn!!!!

Started on the cockpit frets,I've used the cockpit of an old kit as the paint ruined the one in this kit..I have to add some wires to the back of the Navs CRT boxes & I did manage to glue my fingers together...

Image120.jpg

Image121.jpg

Image123.jpg

Image124.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the photo's,camera phone.

Sorry... I gotta ask!

???

It's one from the AFV guys. It can be used in the same way as Maskol for depicting worn/flaking paint. Dab it on the base coat using a piece of torn Scotchbrite. Spray on the top coat of paint. Once dry wash off with warm water (or lick it!!) and hey presto!!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Cockpit's nearly done,I'm leaving the HUD ect off until the end as it's so fragile.The cables I made from 4 lengths of telco cable with the sheathing stripped off,then I bound it together with thin lengths of Tamiya masking tape & glued in place.

To replicate the connectors,I'm going to glue & then cut to size,length's of the scrap outer cable sheath to the points on the back of the CRT boxes,insert the cut cables into the sheathing & then paint.

Image134.jpg

Image133.jpg

Image132.jpg

Image131.jpg

Nice work so far my good man.

One question though.

Why do you have a piece of your lawn in the living room? :whistle:

Steve

Cheeky git!That's actually a rug that I inherited when I moved into a barrack room years ago & I've had ever since!...

• 5 weeks later...

Hope to climb back onto this one later this week,due to personal problems I have'nt been able (or interested) in doing much.Anyway,I'm awaiting a set of Paragon seats from Relish Models as the Eduard frets for the seat straps are completly wrong.

More to come...