Italieri Tornado IDS......

mackem01

Today, I bought the above kit (the one that has th 50 stormo panther markings in it). I would welcome any coments on this kit, does it have any faults?

Also, what aftermarket bits would you recommend - looking to taffy it up a bit. It will be finished as a 31sqn machine (coz I can put my initials on the fin)

The's some issues,the base of the fin & the angle of the nose are a couple of them. You can get the awesome Flightpath update set that has nearly everything you need to make any RAF/RSAF Tornado you want.

http://www.djparkins.com/acatalog/1_48th_P...War_RAF_RN.html

And if you go thru Dave Parkins site it'll work out cheaper than going thru Hannants ect.

Personally, I can live with the base of the fin... It looks OK in profile, just a little "Blunt" (if that's the right word?) in section.

The Front (stick on) part of the RWR is too long... Had to cut off the front "Curved" bit, and then reshape the squared off end back into the curved shape.

I have been working on this model for a few months - you need lots of filler, plastic card and patience. Paragon make some nice resin seats and the Eduard external is pretty good. Basically, nothing really fits - at all! This is my first Italeri kit - I hope others they make are better. Regards, Maxus

I have been working on this model for a few months - you need lots of filler, plastic card and patience. Paragon make some nice resin seats and the Eduard external is pretty good. Basically, nothing really fits - at all! This is my first Italeri kit - I hope others they make are better. Regards, Maxus

However the is a lot more wrong with the Hobbyboss ones....

However the is a lot more wrong with the Hobbyboss ones....

Have to say Merv, i had very little trouble with the Hobbyboss one. Some sanding and filling, but not much more than other kits. The overall detail is superb.

Dave

The Front (stick on) part of the RWR is too long... Had to cut off the front "Curved" bit, and then reshape the squared off end back into the curved shape.

That's because the italian version uses a slightly longer RWR fairing and Italeri didnt really care (or know) about these details. Not ideal for the modeller but still, better having the longer one than the shorter one: it's easier to shorten a long part than lengthen a short one :D