1/32 Revell Hawk

worm

Made a start on my first 1/32 Revell Hawk today, I've decided to do this one as the 63 Squadron camouflaged machine, XX287.

As you see in the photo I've also got three of the Xtradecal sheets and two Matra rocket pods from the 1/32 Revell Hawker Hunter kit which means I've got some pylons to build too, may have a go at making a CBLS, Carrier bomb light stores as well. :winkgrin:

The kit itself seems to go together fairly quickly as I managed to get quite a few of the subassemblies together today, photos will follow.

DSCF3169.jpg

Edited by worm

Well heres some photos of what I've done so far.

As you can see I've got the main cockpit tub parts together as well as the intake ducts and the exhaust, at the back of the last two items I've cut away the lip so I can fit the fan parts after painting.

cockpit.jpg

Exhaust.jpg

intakeduch.jpg

Wheelbay.jpg

I've also drilled out the wing pylon hole as I'll use them for my scratch pylons.

Wingpoints.jpg

Today I got started on the weapons, using the Revell Hunter Matra pod, I glued it together and then cut off the tail cone and opened out the hole. The next thing to do is drill 18 holes in a disc of plastic for the rear of the barrel part.

I also got started on the CBLS, again using part of the Matra pod, filling it with Miliput after gluing it together, when dry I'll sand down the rear part for the nose cone of the bomb carrier with the main body made from plastic tube and card.

Matrapods.jpg

CLBS.jpg

I also got a strt on the 190gal tanks for my Eagle armed Hawk but thats a seperate build.

Droptank.jpg

Edited by worm

Spent 4hrs today making the CBLS and its only half built but it does look good so far even if I do say so myself, should get it finished tomorrow and I'll post some pictures, then its into the rubber it goes. :pray::D

I love the smell of RTV in the mornings. :clap2:

Spent 4hrs today making the CBLS and its only half built but it does look good so far even if I do say so myself, should get it finished tomorrow and I'll post some pictures, then its into the rubber it goes. :pray::D

I love the smell of RTV in the mornings. :clap2:

Are there any chance of a copy if they turn out nice?

Shaun.

Nice work on the CBLS, coming on nicely. Are you making 3Kg bombs to go in the pod?

Have you done any more on the main airframe?

Shaun.

Edited by Shaun

Hi Shaun

Yes I'm doing the 3kg practice bomb but no further on the Hawk yet other that the conversion on the Hunter 230gl tanks to 190gl Hawk type.

Steve

Edited by worm

Hi

I was leaving the holes till last just in case I cocked it up big time but thanks for the photo, very usefully. :D

All the best

Steve

Edited by worm