RF-4E J.A.S.D.F. 50th Anniversary

Hi

This is going to be my first entry for this GB, it's the Hasegawa 1/48 RF-4E J.A.S.D.F. 50th Anniversary scheme.

The build will be totally out of the box but won't be started for a couple of weeks as i need to finish my Hawk first!

The obligatory box, sprue and decal shots:

DSCF2115.jpg

DSCF2116.jpg

DSCF2117.jpg

DSCF2118.jpg

More updates to follow

Antony

An audience already and the box lid is still closed!

Best I make a good job of this one then.

Bex, the decal sheet does look like it could be amusing, fingers crossed it will be ok :pray:

Jay, the amount of umming and aahing before i settled on this one was quite substantial as the box is just so nice!

I might have to start it soon so I don't change my mind

Antony

That decal sheet should be OK. I had a friend who reduced it to 1/72nd and printed me a copy on an ALPS printer and it went on quite nicely, and is now a regular at model shows. It is a cracking scheme to do, and will make any collection.

Best of luck.

Ted

I shall also be watching this one with interest to Antony, I'm also interested in how the decals go on, and what paint you decided to use for this! (with good reason, I got one to do too (in time ;) )

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1409/6773...9/390049623.jpg

Any Idea on what paint I was going to check Halfords metalic blues out, for mine!

Fantastic subject.

I'll definately be following this one as I've been searching everwhere for this kit ... as yet to no avail :crying:

Cheers

Jay

Sadly the hardest kit I ever had to find Jay, rarely come up on ebay but when they do, there lots of wonga, and a real fight for them

Dave (who is getting there, hopefully)

Edited by zero

I shall also be watching this one with interest to Antony, I'm also interested in how the decals go on, and what paint you decided to use for this! (with good reason, I got one to do too (in time ;) )

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1409/6773...9/390049623.jpg

Any Idea on what paint I was going to check Halfords metalic blues out, for mine!

Sadly the hardest kit I ever had to find Jay, rarely come up on ebay but when they do, there lots of wonga, and a real fight for them

Dave (who is getting there, hopefully)

Dave, please don't say its that rare, you'll put me off building it!

With regard to the paint, its either going to be a blue from the Tamiya range of rattle cans or Halfords as you say.

I'll hopefully be making a start on it this week so i'll let you know which one i choose

Antony

Dave, please don't say its that rare, you'll put me off building it!

With regard to the paint, its either going to be a blue from the Tamiya range of rattle cans or Halfords as you say.

I'll hopefully be making a start on it this week so i'll let you know which one i choose

Antony

Okay, not that rare at all, so go build it, LOL (I will be) ;)

Cheers on the paint front, someone did mention a suitable colour, believe it was a ford or a nissan one, but it was long ago now, probably something to do with it being a rare kit :S Whoops :sorry:

Dave

PS. Does building a rare kit, decrease it's value?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-48-F4-Phantom-FGRM...=item19c5eea51e

Clearly not!!!

Edited by zero

Dave

You know me mate ... more than happy to pay for rare kits. It's only money at the end of day right? ;)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Time for an update.

The fuselage has now been assembled, filled, sanded, filled and sanded repeatedly!

DSCF2481.jpg

DSCF2482.jpg

Once i was finally happy, the plane was primed and sprayed metallic blue.

Decals were started yesterday and with less than a week to go, this is where i am:

DSCF2483.jpg

DSCF2484.jpg

DSCF2485.jpg

DSCF2486.jpg

Fingers crossed i'll get it done by sunday night.

Antony