Welcome to the Tornado GB

jacksdad

I would like to welcome you to the Tornado GB. It will be hosted by myself (Steve) and spike7451 (Merv)

I am really looking forward to this as it is a couple of firsts for me. My first entry into a GB and the first time I have hosted one! I will try to make the GB as interesteing and fun, as possible and I'm sure I'll be very ably assisted by Merv.

Both myself and Merv will post as much reference material as we can and if we can be of any other assistance just send us a PM.

Right guy's here is what you are playing for. I have tried to be a fair as possible with the distribution of the prizes that have been donated. For the prizes that I don't physically have (AdAstraMasks, Royal Resin wheels, Models For Sale £20 voucher) I will contact the companies to let them know the winners as soon as voting is ended so you can go and get your prize.

Right so here we are.

1/72

WINNER - W.E.M. 1/72 Ultimate Lancaster P.E. set + AdAstraMask (one from Ian's range or a custom job)

Runners up - Flightpath 1/72 Tornado detail set, Aerodata Tornado book, T.S.R.2 Fuel tank set, 1/144 JC-130

1/48

WINNER - Kinetic 1/48 Prowler + AdAstraMask (one from Ian's range or a custom job)

Runners up - Heritage Aviation 1/48 FW190 conversion, Aerodata Tornado book, 1/72 Messerschmitt Bf109Z

1/32

WINNER - Alley Cat 1/32 Hawk decals, ModelsForSale £20 voucher, AdAstraMask (one from Ian's range or a custom job)

Runners up - Royal Resin Wheels (Anything from their range), Aerodata Tornado book, 1/72 Buccaneer update set

WHIF

WINNER - Alley Cat 1/24 Mosquito conversion + AdAstraMask (one from Ian's range or a custom job)

Runners up - 1/72 Antonov An-8, Tools (micro saws & flexi file), 1/72 Canberra conversion.

I hope this is to everyones satisfaction.

Well that's all for now and it just leaves me to say......Good luck and may the best Tornado's win. :thumbsup:

Steve

Good Morning Gents,

Today is the start of the GB and it is a day I have been looking forward to. This is a couple of first's for me. First entry to a GB and first time co-hosting one. My only hope (apart from winning a prize :whistle: ) is that the GB is a lot of fun, that there are some great models of Tornado's, and that there is some good banter between you guys.

For my build, today will be spent removing parts from the sprues and glueing some of the basic parts together (cockpit bulkheads, wings, stabs, u/c bays e.t.c.)

I will glue the tail together today, before cutting off the top part tomorrow. I will post some pictures tomorrow to show all this.

For now, though, I hope you have fun and try at least one thing you want to get better at. I think there are enough good modellers on the GB that I will be hoping to learn something from it, that will improve my building.

Good Luck,

Steve :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right guy's. It's the home straight now. Just over a week to go. :frantic:

Let's see if we can get at least 20 completed Tornado's into the hanger.

There are 5 First prizes and 12 runners-up prizes to be had. so plenty to go round.

So, let's be having you. :whip:

Steve

5 DAYS TO GO.

Come on guys. Lets see you parking those Tornado's in the comp. area. :whip:

I will be closing them at midnight on Sunday.

Steve

Bloody slave driver! :D

Okay, Okay! Wings on tonight and final matt/satin down - I am aiming for Friday, Steve.

Andy

Sorry Jonners, but the 29th was a typo. So you have one less day to finish. Not a problem to a man of your talents.

Steve

LOL it is when I'm away camping from Friday night to Sunday night. :(

I was counting on Monday, so it looks like I wont finish in time now.

Jonners :wacko: