I hope i'm not the only one

dazdot

Agreed, Other than the A-4 I dont think our American brothers made anything Naval after 1945 worth looking at.

Hmm... I'm reading this line and then looking at my recently completed Crusader and then at the pile of phantoms and tomcats... not sure I can agree on this one ! :lol:

But I concede that the Firefly is a fascinating plane: when I visited Nowra for some reason I found myself taking more picture of the Firefly than of the Sea Fury, even if I love the Fury !

However, before I'm accused of betraying Reginald Mitchell's masterpiece for Fairey's finests or worse some brute yankee jets, I should also mention that on sunday I bought not one but 3 spitfire kits ! And all 1/72 spitfire IXs... finding markings for them wil be no problem: one will become a SEAC VIII, one a desert IX and the third a 73 Sqn. IX in malta. These to be added to another two I already have, one that will become a 16 Sqn FR in pink and the other to become an VIII with the first style grey nurse sharkmouth. Wonder if I should buy another two or three...

Edited by Giorgio N

Stop talking about Fireflies, you lot! You know how easily I'm manipulated! :frantic:

So no Fireflies on you then Enzo????.....................................YET!!

I know that Special Hobby did a 1/48 ? Firefly but a nice new tool 1/72 would be jolly D imho

Special Hobby also did a number of versions in 1/72 and so did Pavla under the Octopus brand. All short run kits, but I guess it's better to build one of these than correcting the old airfix kit.

Special Hobby also did a number of versions in 1/72 and so did Pavla under the Octopus brand. All short run kits, but I guess it's better to build one of these than correcting the old airfix kit.

Special Hobby are bringing out a MkIV/V Firefly soon, well according to Hannants.

Agreed, Other than the A-4 I dont think our American brothers made anything Naval after 1945 worth looking at.

I'm ok being sent to the naughty corner.

I stashed something nice in there to play with :evil_laugh:

p1010090.jpg

Hmmm, just because you didn't "borrow" the planes for a bit does not mean they aren't worth looking at.

FH Phantom

F2H Banshee

F4U-5 & AU-1 Corsair

F8F Bearcat

A-1 Skyraider

FJ-2/3/4 Fury (not the straight wing -1)

All are a good lot and interesting if boring in blue. I personally get bored with some of the Grumman stuff after the Bearcat.

I'm sure my fellow Americans will put me in the corner for that last comment.

Tim

I'm ok being sent to the naughty corner.

I stashed something nice in there to play with :evil_laugh:

p1010090.jpg

Blimey an Aussie with taste!!!! :partytime:

Edited by jenko

Oh well, we managed 8 pages of good-natured joshing, but I suppose it was always too good to last.

There you go Edgar I smoked it back up again for you :speak_cool:

Blimey an Aussie with taste!!!! :partytime:

An Aussie with DeHavilland pedigree mate

My Dad was the last Sea Venom qualified spanner w*****r in the RAN

I was raised on Sea Venoms and know lots of the witchcraft involved with

making them go. Did you know the way to get a recalcitrant turbo starter to fire in a Sea Venom

is to spit on the end of the cartridge, not very ladylike but the bugger starts every time!

I'm told their is a new Sea Venom kit coming out from the CMK soon, the markings are supposed to be something

special for us RAN fans. My Dad has had some input but he's not letting on :undecided:

says I have to wait till the kit comes out, sooo not fair!

I hope i'm on the right section here and i don't wish to upset any fans of the spitfire, but PLEASE no more new kits of this aircraft!!!!!!

I have just gone through 4 months of magazines and found a review of at least one if not two or three spit kits in each one

Please this is overkill

Good grief.

Go and wash your keyboard with Caustic Soda.

After that say ten "Hail Merlins" and three "Glory be's to R. J. Mitchell".

Dave

Edited by Dave Gibson

Yes I quite agree you naughty girl, did you not notice the shenanigans that occurred earlier for going "off era" it ruffles far too many feathers!

I'm told their is a new Sea Venom kit coming out from CMK soon, the markings are supposed to be something

special for us RAN fans.

Noooo........... it's CMR and yes, it should interest RAN fans (like me)! (and presumably you)!

Yes I quite agree you naughty girl, did you not notice the shenanigans that occurred earlier for going "off era" it ruffles far too many feathers!

The shenanigans were quite tame compared to some sites, The comment about booting the original poster in the wedding vegtables was a bit much

and I'm sure Shar2 want to go me with a brick for showing our shed again :innocent:

But the rest of it is wickedly good fun.

Noooo........... it's CMR and yes, it should interest RAN fans (like me)! (and presumably you)!

Yes Ed and I'm betting you know what it is to!

Sooo better be "My" WZ-907 or the both of you are in it! :jump_fire: