Airfix Mk 100 series kit canopy problem?

I just went to attach the front canopy on my 72nd Hawk 100 and saw what looked like a crack running from the sprue attach point along to the rear of the windscreen!!??!! This is on the inside, on the left side!!

I checked another kit and it had the same thing, so I went to a third kit - same thing???? Now I bought these kits from at least 2 different sources and possibly 3 different stores?? What's up with this??!??

I have been able to polish out most of the line from one canopy but one had what appeared to be a weak spot and the clear plastic was loose!

Just curious if anyone else has seen this problem??

I have this kit, and I just checked my box. No crack on mine ( thankfully! ) however the sprue attachment point you're talking about is broken on mine, so maybe it cracked there, rather than on the canopy?

J.

I’ve just checked the front windscreen on mine. Not only does it have a fine hairline crack running from the left front corner to the back, this same corner also has a small hole in it!!!

The crack may virtually disappear with a coat of clear, but unfortunately the hole is in the window part so renders this piece unusable. The sprue is completely intact though and all the other clear parts are perfect….still, request off to Airfix…

Mark

OK, so there is at least one more like the 3 of mine!?

I have managed to polish out the blemish in one canopy so I can continue with CT155213 and don't have to wait for a replacement.

To get rid of the blemish I had to get out the big guns, I used the rubbing compound I have been using on my car to get rid of the factory orange peel finish!! Then a model wax to polish and a Future dip later before painting and attaching to the kit.

It will be interesting to see how many modellers have this problem??