Lakenheath F-15E

diamond9

Now then Myself and Rich T will be up for a trip, and would you guys accept two Britmodeller non members to split the costs?

we would be travelling across from the Midlands so would have to Liase with you guys somewhere.

That should be fine. I'll need the names etc closer to the time but I'll pencil all 4 in atm :welcome:

SWMBO and I would be interested, and we're 'in county' so would have to meet up.

Only problem has already been voiced re numbers or dropouts. SWMBO is under the quack and on a course of meds, but should be OK weeks before the date.

No telling at this stage if a last minute drop out could be possible. If we commit, I'll pay irrespective.

Yup should be Ok. The key is minimum 15 so I reckon if we have more and one or two drop out the base wont mind. Please bear in mind though that any that do drop out will mean an increase in cost for others. There is no profit in this jaunt so no room for taking up any slack. BTW just to confirm. I will be paying the same as everyone else. You and your SWMBO are :welcome:

How many is that now pete???

Crispy have a glance at the list on page 1...

Sadly gentlemen I have some bad news regarding our intended Lakenheath visit in September. Today I received a reply to my latest email direct from the base itself. As follows:

"Good Afternoon Sir,

Unfortunately, we are fully booked on tours for 2011! It seems RAF

Lakenheath is quite popular. However, we can save your information for

consideration in 2012.

Thank you,

V/R

//SIGNED//

SrA Tiffany M. Deuel

48th Fighter Wing Public Affairs Photographer

DSN: 226-2151 Comm.: 01638 522 151"

So thats put the mockers on that then :sorry: guys I did me best and to say I'm gutted would be an understatement of epic proportions :doh::doh:

Edited by Pedrovski

Never mind pete we will just have to console ourselves with a trip to hannants and another trip to Hendon.

Gary...

Gary, what a great idea although how about Duxford Museum............. :clap2:

good man! could i suggest maybe a spring visit? that way we may get half decent weather? what does everyone else think?

Springs a good shout