Whats out there for a 1/72 Buccaneer

speedy

According to Hannants, Aeroclub do an undercart, refuelling probe and arrestor hook, designed for the Airfix kit though. They also do a canopy, no specified kit, but I suspect Airfix again. Airwaves do an etched detail set for the Airfix kit, and a wingfold set for the Airfix, Matchbox and Frog kits. Aeroclub do bang seats too.

Flightpath do a set of ladders which includes 'some other details,' see here:

http://home.clara.net/djparkins/fltpath/fpmaster.htm

If you find anything else I'd be interested, I recently picked up a Matchbox Bucc due to shortage of Airfix ones, and not enough cash for the CMR kits.

Brilliant job Paul

Here is a pic of my attempt at the same kit. Knowing how long it took me to get this looking half as good as yours I salute you!! What did you come up with to make the inner wall of the intakes? I shoved a rolled up piece of paper in mine held in with white glue. It actually worked rather well.

bucc6.jpg

SAM also do a "Gulf War" resin set - useful as the Matchbox kit has neither weapons nor pylons. But crucially, it does have two crewmen!!

Pat

I've got an idea.....................

Penny dropped at Telford. At the moment i'm doing the GR5 prototype in the Green colour (as most of the reference photo's are grey), then the B(I)8 Canberra; that should take me up to crimbo. After that i fancy the T5 Lightning and then the bucc......

Brilliant job Paul

Here is a pic of my attempt at the same kit. Knowing how long it took me to get this looking half as good as yours I salute you!! What did you come up with to make the inner wall of the intakes? I shoved a rolled up piece of paper in mine held in with white glue. It actually worked rather well.

bucc6.jpg

SAM also do a "Gulf War" resin set - useful as the Matchbox kit has neither weapons nor pylons. But crucially, it does have two crewmen!!

Pat

Cheers, Pat! Nice looking model yourself!

The intake trunking is simply 5 thou plastic card rolled into an oval and glued into place. At the ends, I placed the Airwaves compressor blades. Simple! :winkgrin: