OK, I'm in! RAF Canberra B.2

Mark

Hi all! Well, I've really got my teeth into this Group Build thing and for this GB, I am starting my Airfix Canberra B.2 with parts from the Classic Airframes kit. Or it could work out to be the other way around!! Hopefully by the time I finish I will have ended up with something that resembles a Canberra B.2 249Sqn based at Akrotiri in 1962. Anyway, here are the shots of what I am starting with:

ded8f76e.jpg

b07e31ae.jpg

21edf3a7.jpg

e889dea8.jpg

Having both kits myself I'd go the other way, build the CA kit, and not bother with the Airfix one!

The only 'trick' to building the CA kit is to join the nose halves to thier respective fuselage halves first. If you get that aligned right it minimises any filling and makes for much simpler construction.

The Airfix kit may be mass-produced but there really isn't much in its favour if you have the CA B.2 as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I'm glad to see your choice of aircraft. I'll look forward to the Akrotiri scheme in particular. It will give you great scope for weathering and fading the paint. Will you be putting it on a base? The Cyprus hardstandings are almost white which would set it off a treat!

• 4 weeks later...

Mark,

You know where I am if you need a hand, all depends how much you want to argue with this beast my friend!!!

Bexy

EDIT: The CA version actually looks like a Canberra :whistle:

Edited by bexwh773