Latest Walkaround Updates

Julien

Hi,

with help from Mike, the other mods and the review team I have been working on getting a walkaround section here on Britmodeller. This will hopefully contain the sort of detail shots only modellers need. ie the left handed widget on the Blackburn Wurlitzer etc. We are aiming for Aircraft, helicopters, Tanks, Softskins, airliners, Ships, Subs, Weapons, Ejection seats, ground equipment. Basically anything of interest to the modeller.

The idea behind the walkaround section is to provide the modeller with a centralised source of detailed pictures that will be invaluable as a reference for model making rather than simply pictures of aircraft.

We welcome submissions from all, either by email to Julien's address, by CD or DVD via the postal system, or by us copying them from your online hosting (e.g. your webspace or Photobucket account), with your permission of course.

The following guidelines will help you get your photos accepted:

• Pictures should be 1024 x 800 pixels as a maximum, with 800 x 600 a minimum
  • Files should be in the .jpg format with a high quality setting
  • If you are submitting pictures that are already online, please include the web address (URL) where we can find them
  • The submitter should own copyright to the photos submitted, and permit Britmodeller.com to host these files for viewing and downloading by modellers for their own private use
  • We will attribute the pictures to the owner, so please include your full name with your submissions

Members wishing to submit photos can contact Julien directly by personal message to discuss making their submissions.

Guys & gals this section will only be as good as the info we can get and post up.

If you would like to contribute then please let me know.

many thanks

Julien thumbsup.gif

Ive up-loaded all my Cosford stuff that was on here before, I will be happy to point my camara at any thing people want. My usual places are Cosford, East Midlands Airport Aeropark, and at the end of June I will be visiting the Heleicopter museum in weston.

Come on peeps, lets get a fantastic section bursting with great shots!

I would quite like a Sci-fi walkaround spot. :D I have tons of pics for star wars stuff and lots of other kits but the images don't belong to me so cant post them.

We are after walkarounds of real stuff so scifi does not really count!

We welcome any walkarounds, really short of Helicopters and Maritime stuff at the moment.

Julien

• Haha 1

I think this is a truly excellent idea & must in time produce a reference source second to none. I know its suggesting a fair effort from someone but over time there have been quite a number of walkarounds posted already, I wonder if these could be moved to the new section? Also, is it allowable to post links in this section to walkarounds found on other websites?

Steve.

Thinking about it walkarounds of full size sci fi props could fit in the misc section.

In the end a lot of people model these and BM is a modelling site.

Julien

I can supply the following from some air shows last year

Hawk T.1 XX234 - general airframe + close-ups of airbrake bay and u/c bays

Tornado - ZA447, ZE163 and ZA553

All taken at RIAT2010.

I also have some Rafale (Yeovilton)

Clearly I had limited access as a member of the public, but may be of some use?

Cheers guys.

Even if people only have a couple of shots we would like them. We intned to group shots under the aircraft/afv etc type so if we only get a couple of shots from a lot of people we end up with a thread with quite a lot of pics in it.

Julien

Good idea

Cheers.

We think so but will only be as good as the input we get from the BM massive.

Putting the call out to those who have access to aircraft etc in museums or at work (military guys pls so dont get your self in trouble! we all know about security).

So please send in anything you might have, still quite short of Armoured vehicles etc. Any able to get shots of new Army Landrovers, WIMIK etc? might help with the new airfix kits.

Cheers,

Julien

Just to let everyone know quite a bit of stuff going to be uploaded this weekend.

Still looking for submission though!

Cheers,

Julien

Julien,

I have four walkarounds from the Fleet Air Arm Museum which I have already posted in the Reference section, would it be possible for you to simply move the threads? They are:

Scimitar XD317

Sea Vampire LZ551/G

Gannet XL503

Attacker WA473

Guys,

More Spitfire pics posted this weekend.

Also Hurricane, Nimrod & Hunter walkarounds in the aircraft section. Some RN Merlin pics in the Helos with a Scammell Explorer & Leyland Hippo in the vehicles section.

Julien

You're more than welcome to use anything that's on my Photobucket site. There's a lot of walkarounds on there and a number of interior photos too. You can find it here.

Hope this helps,

Mark.

ps you'll find them in the sub albums menu.

Edited by lasermonkey

You're more than welcome to use anything that's on my Photobucket site. There's a lot of walkarounds on there and a number of interior photos too. You can find it here.

Hope this helps,

Mark.

Very public spirited of you Mark, thanks :) Once they're sucked into our webspace it'll save people hammering your PB allowance looking at them ;)

ps you'll find them in the sub albums menu. Some of the sub-folders, such as "Hawker Hurricane Mk IIc" have their own sub-folders for individual aircraft. It's worth checking all the folders, just in case! The Tiger Moth ones should keep you busy for some time!

• 2 weeks later...

New threads for Wellington, SR-71, SR.53, P-51 & B-17 Added today.

Additional pics added to Buccaneer, Lightning & spitfire threads.

Julien

• 2 weeks later...

many thanks to Phil Chapman (Vulcanicity).

We now have extra pics in the Buccaneer thread.

Also new walkarounds for Scimitar F1, Attacker F1, Javelin FAW8, Gannet AEW3 & Sea Vampire F1.

Julien

many thanks to Phil Chapman (Vulcanicity).

We now have extra pics in the Buccaneer thread.

Also new walkarounds for Scimitar F1, Attacker F1, Javelin FAW8, Gannet AEW3 & Sea Vampire F1.

Julien

Hi Julien,

do we send the images to you or just post them straight into that forum? Reason I ask is that they seem to be posted by you

cheers

Mike

Hi Julien,

do we send the images to you or just post them straight into that forum? Reason I ask is that they seem to be posted by you

cheers

Mike

Hi, you cant post direct. If you look at the first post on this thread all the info is there.

I have also sent you a PM

Cheers,

Julien