JU 288c

grufsnik

Well better late than never so here we go, just a box shot at the moment i will do some sprues later when i start the build. I will hold this build for the moment and finish the mig 17 that i'me building in the soviet forign service GB, which shouldent take too long.

Gruffers

IMGP0177.jpg

I had to get the camera out for something else so here are the spru shots,

IMGP0189.jpg

IMGP0190.jpg

IMGP0191.jpg

IMGP0194.jpg

this looks like a lovley kit, looking forward to this, catch you all later.

Gruffers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, had to blow the dust off this one but have managed some more. I have had a bit of a battle trying to follow the instructions(cos I'm not the brightest :P as bruv will tell you), it is just the fact that Huma don't number the parts on the sprue's but instead you have a picture of the sprue's with the numbers on and more sub-assemblies than i am used to for a kit like this, in short the kit is fine but I'm a dopey-bottom :blush: .

Cockpit was assembled along with Bombay and Barbette's, all assembly's fit together well but yo do need to do some sanding and fiddling to get the two fuselage halves together. It was at this point having glued it all up and clamped for a couple of hours that i found i hadn't painted the cockpit :fraidnot::stupid::wall: (did i mention dopey bottom!!!). So out came the squirty paint gun thingy which i am not very good with and managed to blast some paint into various orifices so it isn't too bad(humbrol 27).

Will try to press on with this build now but it will most likely be the end of the weekend for the next post, thanks for looking,

Gruffers

IMGP0226.jpg

IMGP0227.jpg

IMGP0228.jpg

Bro, its just BORROWED!! :deadhorse: so take that :shoot: and that.................

Hello there! I'm really glad you are still with us, thought we'd lost you for a while. Keep up the good work, man!

Still here Don, just been up to my armpits painting space orks for my wargaming, but getting back on track now.

Tail now on and landing gear assembled, pics to follow later.

gruffers

Finally got around to blowing the kebwobbs off & doing a bit then Bruv.

I must say tiz lookin mighty fine, even if you did forget to paint the cockpit. In all honesty if you hadn't said we'd never of know cuz it looks fine. A bit of dry-brushing & a wash or two & it'll look cracking.

One little nit-pick though, see if you can get the pictures in focus. If you shoot several more pic's than you actually need you can pick & publish the best ones & delete the rubbish. If you need more light or a paler back cloth give me a ring, I can help you out.

Oh, & by the way;

I've never called you a dopey-bottom............. :o

Thick as two short planks yes, but not a dopey-bottom :wicked::bleh:

Love ya really :kissing2:

Keep up the great work.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a couple of pics as promised. Landing gear is a bit tricky to put together just not too clear in the destructions that's all, props glued up, wheels painted and the tail glued on. So far no probs with shut lines. I do think this model will stand a bit bigger than i originally thought, so far ime rather happy with this.

IMGP0243.jpg

IMGP0244.jpg

IMGP0248.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Gruffers

Oh and Bro, it takes one to know one!!!!!!, i will see you later :fight:

Finally started to feel like i am making some progress. Finished the cockpit with some decals, a bit of dry brushing/wash and some harness belts made from Tamia tape but forgot to take a photo(nothing has changed :doh: ) before putting the canopy on. It's been some time since i have had to use this much Tamia tape on a canopy, so it's no surprise the mr sausage fingers here took well over 2hrs to do the masking and yes all my fingers are still attached though that scalpel is very sharp. Canopy went on well with a little fiddling, then on to the landing gear into the wings and wings into the fuselage and it's taking shape.

IMGP0259.jpg

IMGP0260.jpg

put the paint pot in to give a bit of scale, this will be a bit bigger than i thought at first.

IMGP0261.jpg

IMGP0262.jpg

Thats all for now, will be a day or so till the next post.

gruffers

The bird is in the paint shop now, having been masked for the belly to be sprayed, model air pale blue was used(RLM 65). Never used this make of paint before and yes going to get some more tomorrow.

IMGP0265.jpg

IMGP0266.jpg

Thats gonna be it for the weekend i think, i'll post next week when theres more to see.

Thanks for looking,

Gruffers

Thanks guys, yes i am having a ball with this kit helped with the discovery of model air paints, just squeeze it in the pot and away you go simples ;) , yes i will be looking out for another of theese kits cos i know i can build a second better and perhaps make it a what if!!.

Gruffers

Thanks chaps, well tiz all finished and I'm fairly happy with it. There is a few warts with it but that is the limitation of me not the kit. I have relay enjoyed this build and it's been rely nice to make something different to my norm. I will be looking around for this kit again simply cos i know i can make a better attempt than this, who knows perhaps a what if..... with roundels :rolleyes: or something!!!. Don if you get to read this last post and you think this is a weird looking aircraft check out the last pict which is another Huma kit i have :o .

Thanks to everyone for their encouragement and i hope you enjoyed it,

Thanks for looking, Gruffers.... off for a :drink: or two :beer:

IMGP0270-4.jpg

IMGP0271-4.jpg

IMGP0272-4.jpg

IMGP0273-4.jpg

IMGP0275-3.jpg

IMGP0276-3.jpg

last but not least just for Don..

Picturexplane.jpg

Is that weird enough :cyclops: , apparently prototypes were assembled when the soviet forces over-ran the factory