Phantom References

If anyone has any refs they want to post here, or ask any specific questions, then heres the place.

Bexy

Does anyone have any good reference photos of FGR.2s loaded up with either 1000lb bombs or the Matra rocket pods?

Hi all a quick question i have a set of true detail seats MK7 i think could i use them in the revell monogram 32nd F4E mig killer thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,

The True Details seats are spot on for your F-4E. They're the correct USAF style and actually came as part of one issue of the kit (along with the True Detail wheels and a canopy mask) so you're good to go! :thumbsup2:

HTH

Jonathan

hey guys. anyone here know anything about the pave spike pod carried by the f-4 in the fwd AIM-7 bay? im after a pic that shows which way up the pod goes...my kit pod is from the Hase weapon set with attached mounting, but the clear laser part is at 3 o' clock (when looking at the pod from the front, with pylon uppermost)..im ASSUMING the laser part should be at 6 o clock, but as usual, im open to contradiction. As a pic tells a thousand words, heres one...

IMG_0367.jpg

steve

Hi i am building a revell mongram F4E 32nd scale and it says paint the cockpit black and the control panels and instruments medium gray is this right i thought i should be the other way around

thanks Simon

Just seen some unexpected Phantom news See here . That would mean a 13th country joing the Phantom community, and give Diego another Phantom sheet to produce.

Ted

Have read that in a couple of magazines recently.

Just a heads-up for modellers planning to do a UK F-4 FGR2 for the Phantom GB, there is a Phantom cockpit going to the Newark Air Museum's Cockpit Fest event on the weekend of 18/19 June. Access will be allowed to the cockpit and it will be a good opportunity to get some photo-reference material if you plan on adding a bit of detail to your model in this area.

There will also be a complete UK Phantom, Martin-Baker Mk.7 ejection seat displayed, out of the aircraft, on a stand so all-round detail pics can be taken.

I'll post a few up when I get the chance.

Mike.

Edited by MeteorMike

Hi all

i have loads of good E-books on the phantom...not sure how to host em so you can d/l ---share em though!!

any ideas!!

have quoted myself!!

i have loads of good E-books available if anyone wants them!!!

i would like to upload them so all can download! does anyone have any ideas!!

have quoted myself!!

i have loads of good E-books available if anyone wants them!!!

i would like to upload them so all can download! does anyone have any ideas!!

Hi all

i have loads of good E-books on the phantom...not sure how to host em so you can d/l ---share em though!!

any ideas!!

http://www.megaupload.com/

l would like some there is a site called megaupload that l gotten stuff to me before but l have no idea how it works on the sender's end

Edited by hacker

Hi all another dumb question what color are the seat belts i have seen blue on one seat and tan on another with blue leg straps or does it not matter

thanks Simon

hey guys. anyone here know anything about the pave spike pod carried by the f-4 in the fwd AIM-7 bay? im after a pic that shows which way up the pod goes...my kit pod is from the Hase weapon set with attached mounting, but the clear laser part is at 3 o' clock (when looking at the pod from the front, with pylon uppermost)..im ASSUMING the laser part should be at 6 o clock, but as usual, im open to contradiction. As a pic tells a thousand words, heres one...

steve

Good photo of Pave Spike on an F-4D here: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...n_AFB_1976.JPEG

Some more nice ones here: http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air...t&p=1638075

Pave Spike: http://www.vectorsite.net/Ywspk_1m.jpg

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/shared/me...F-1234P-005.jpg

I think (though I may well be wrong) that the entire head (the greenish part in that last pic) rotates, so the window could face any direction depending on where the sensor is aimed.

EDIT: Also a couple of photos of Pave Spike fitted to the Buccaneer here that seem to show the head at different orientations, which would fit my above comment.

Edited by pyro-manic

Interested in the comments on this group build regards the accuracy (or otherwise) of F-4C/D burner cans. So, a couple of preserved F-4D Phantom II burners for reference (comments beneath photos):

F-4D66-0240canBurlingtonVT10MB.jpg

This is F-4D 66-0240 painted as '65793' preserved at Burlington ANGS in Vermont. This looks like the standard F-4C/D burner can whilst the aircraft is on the ground.

F-4D65-0626canSchenectadyNY10MB.jpg

A different display over at the Empire State Aeronautical Sciences Museum at Schenectady, NY state. This was F-4D 65-0626 with her cans closed up.

RevellF-4CDcan48thMB.jpg

The much maligned Revellogram 1/48th F-4C/D kit burner cans (I made this one about 20 years ago!)

F-4CDcanc48thMB.jpg

For comparison purposes, the two cans to the left are from the old ESCI 1/48th Phantom II kit which variously emerged as an F-4B, F-4J and I believe F-4C/D, then later as leftovers in the Italeri F-4J boxing. There is some resemblance to the Schenectady F-4D cans however I am not sure what flight regieme these depict. The solitary can is a leftover in the Hasegawa F-4J boxing and I believe this is the Hasegawa burner can for the F-4C/D.

Michael

Hi everyone ;

I wanted to add a reference photo. I hope you do. ;)

Turkish Air Force "Karasahin" special pattern.

172yanprofil.jpg

F-4E172USTGORUNUM.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0169.jpg

* Design by : Mr. Omer ERKMEN

* Contact for decals : [email protected] ( Mr. M. Tarik SOYLU )

Regards,

Baris.

Edited by Baris CAN

• 2 months later...

I'm making little progress on my first build but I'm already eyeing up a couple more... I've got an old ESCI F4S (UK) in the stash which I fancy building as my second entry. The kit looks good for the age except the pit, which is just decals which I really don't like, even in 1/72! My question is could I get away with using the F4J Eduard Zoom set to spice up the pit for an S?

Thanks

Phil