F-86E(M) Sabre

Good evening,

My latest YU bird. What I can say... Academy kit which is pretty good, only problem are panel lines on wings because they are two shallow. And second problem, panel lines (windows) on front windshield are cast upside down, so I used Fujimi one.

Sabre in progress:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...abre+yugoslavia

Paints are Mr. Color, decals Lift Here. This is my first NMF and I'm very satisfied with the final result. I hope that the next NMF will be much better! :)

Image quality is not the best but I hope that you will like it. I think it's ready for inspection! :D

IMG_3378.jpg

IMG_3380-1.jpg

IMG_3381-1.jpg

IMG_3388-1.jpg

IMG_3374.jpg

IMG_3386-1.jpg

IMG_3382-1.jpg

Cheers,

Nenad

Nenad: Great looking Sabre..!

Regards,

ggc

Very very nice Sabre. Great to see it in different markings as well. :speak_cool:

Very nice job! Was the NMF done with Mr. Metal Color? Or the new Mr. Super Ultra Metal Color, or whatever they call it? Was the NMF sealed prior to decals? I think Gunze, er, GSI Creos recommends Mr. Metal Primer for a sealer over the metal colors. Sorry for all the questions, I'm on a quest for the perfect NMF process!

Cheers,

Bill

I like this a lot, a great finish on a great looking jet. Love the different scheme as opposed to a USAF jet usually seen.

All the best,

Dan.

Very nice job! Was the NMF done with Mr. Metal Color? Or the new Mr. Super Ultra Metal Color, or whatever they call it? Was the NMF sealed prior to decals? I think Gunze, er, GSI Creos recommends Mr. Metal Primer for a sealer over the metal colors. Sorry for all the questions, I'm on a quest for the perfect NMF process!

Cheers,

Bill

Thank you Bill!

No, it's regular silver Mr. Color 8, but Super Silver is probably much better. :) After painting, I sprayed 3-4 coats of Pronto (wax for wooden floors), it's like Future and after decals/wash another 2-3 coats.

A few better pics...

IMG_3392-1.jpg

IMG_3393-1.jpg

IMG_3394.jpg

IMG_3395.jpg

IMG_3396.jpg

Cheers,

Nenad