Hasegawa 1/48 Phantom

Bit more today, sadly still feeling rough, but I'm hoping new antibiotics will start kicking in, thankfully modelling is far from energic, and I can protect from sanding dust, and walk out after painting and let the fumes clear.

basically started with a good clean up of the weapons and more work in the plane it's self, ie still working on a few more spots before getting ready to paint.

skyflash's cleaned,

397504126.jpg

Drop tanks assembled and cleaned and sanded.

397504128.jpg

NOTHING IS GLUED IN PLACE, i've just thrown it all together for the pictures, I've now cleaned most of the reworks, added the nose intakes, parachute cover plate, Catapult hooks plates etc. i've got a little more sanding to do tomorrow, probably a panel line or to to re-ingrave, and this I'll give it a light coat of primer over it, and if all is well, I hope to be ready to start throwing paint at this soon.

397504134.jpg

397504131.jpg

397504140.jpg

More soon

Dave

• 7 months later...

Keep going Dave.

Great to see a Spey Phantom especially as a Treble One squadron aircraft.

I can't wait to see this finished reminds me of being a kid, we used to cycle along to Leuchars on summer evenings and stand at the end of the runway in the hope to see a Phantom take off or come in to land over our heads.

Happy days.

All the best.