Monogram b-17g 1/48th good ol' Thunderbird

diamond9

I managed to get a few hours in today.

IMAG0597.jpg

IMAG0595.jpg

I used the Eduard masks for the ball turret. The resin bits are from the verlinden set. The doors are from paragon, I'm only going to use the the front door and the large main door.

Gary...

Ball turrets simply superb mate. I've seen quite a few of these done in getting reference for my build and yours has the best/sharpest lines between the glazed areas and steel structure well done

Cheers buddy. Considering the whole turret comes as a clear part i'm quite pleased with it. The masks were a bit were a pain to put on, this time i made sure that i run a toothpick around the edges to make sure there was no paint creep.

How is the Belle coming along mate ?

Gary...

How is the Belle coming along mate ?

Gary...

The belle's coming along nicely couldn't do much over the past couple of weeks being laid up 'n all :shithappens: but I'm resting three days now so plan to do some more.

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed this thread. This is coming along nicely Gary.

Will be following this a bit more closely to get tips for if ever I get around to building my 1:48 Fortress.

Deacon

Had a bit of crack on with this today.

IMAG0625.jpg

I've just got to get the waist gunners sorted out then I can close it up. I'm not putting the bombs in the bay because they are going on the bomb cart that comes in the kit.

Gary....

WOO HOO !

It's together at last. I managed to knock the bombardier's chair off in the process, but considering the amount of stuff that could have got in the way. Just been ledft with a very small gap underneath.

IMAG0626.jpg

gary...