Revell 1/48 B17F Memphis Belle

Pedrovski

Looking really good Pete - great that you can combine plastic modelling and food (two of my great pleasures in life!).

The Play Dough trick is especially neat - I'd never thought of that and will be trying it at the next opportunity :thumbsup2:

Cliff

That's a cracking bomb-bay, the roof looks spot on (kinda sad I've not got one now)!!!

Nice work on the kit seats and throttle quad', I know just how sad they are as they come !

It's gonna look nice this :speak_cool:

Si.

That's a cracking bomb-bay, the roof looks spot on (kinda sad I've not got one now)!!!

Nice work on the kit seats and throttle quad', I know just how sad they are as they come !

It's gonna look nice this :speak_cool:

Si.

Si, I've just taken a look at yours in the WIP section and I'm in awe buddy! The battle damage is so real man. Well done

Edited by Pedrovski

Wood base/flooring fitted to cockpit and forward bombadier area. You can also see the additional instrument pod attached to the lower throttle housing. Likewise the hatch to the forward crew entrance door/area under the cockpit.

tag005.jpg

I've made an attempt at giving the cockpit floor a painted green/worn down to the wood look.

tag006.jpg

and on the front bulkhead area I'm trying to show the padded sound deadening covering more weathering detail to be put on yet its looking very crude atm hopefully it'll look better with some more work.

tag007.jpg

Hope you guys like it so far. I'm enjoying it at least :footy:

Edited by Pedrovski

I like them ideas mate. Did you just scratch into the material to get the quilted look ?

Gary...

Yes buddy and actually the "material" is the same allumimium can as I used for the 'bay roof. I've also used some more to replicate the cockpit sound deadening on the inside of the fuse. It all looks a bit crude atm but I have plans to weather it all in :evil_laugh:

Glad you like it

A little bit more completed on the scratch bulkheads

tag2043.jpg

tag2045.jpg

tag2046.jpg

tag2047.jpg

tag2056.jpg

tag2055.jpg

tag2053.jpg

Still a long long ways to go and if you could measure this in enjoyment and learning for me its got to be 10/10 I'm making so many mistakes but I'm loving the research and rectifying those woopsies is great fun :analintruder:

Wierdly it seemed the white glue had formed ridges that looked like the ribs were still there. I painted it up and it looks like this (still wet) what do you folks think, should I leave it?

belle1008.jpg

Hell yes! That's a brilliant and subtle effect, probably far more delicate and to scale than the ribs you first applied. I like!

I also like your creative use of materials. I'm very impressed so far.

Bit more done today been a bit s l o w lately as I've had the dreaded gout :raincloud: but all good now oh and yes I do work in a mess :whistle: .

I've used balsa to effectively "join" the Bombadiers position to the Cockpit and give the poor old Nav somewhere to sit (its one of the many bits you don't get in the Revell kit):

pics001.jpg

And bit the bullet to buy some styrene square section strip for the stringers.

pics009.jpg

Likewise t'other side

pics008.jpg

Work on the Pilots/Co-Pilots seats

pics010.jpg

Edited by Pedrovski

Hello,

I notice that you change your topic sub-title from time to time. Good idea. How do you do that?

Firstly you have to be the thread creator. If so, then go back to your very first posting. Click on the edit posting wossname in the lower right hand corner of that first posting. You'll get a little drop down box giving two options. Click FULL EDIT. This will take you to a screen where you can add a second, more detailed description. Jobs a good'n :bouncy:

Edited by Pedrovski

I've just finished reading through all of this thread. Very nice work indeed, and as someone else said, I particularly like the way use different materials for it :)

Looking very good Pete,so who will be the first to the finish line, you or Gary?

cheers Chris. My bets on Gary. Mind you he has his own private air force under construction atm :bounce:

I've just finished reading through all of this thread. Very nice work indeed, and as someone else said, I particularly like the way use different materials for it :)

Thanks Bruce

Cracking scratching :speak_cool:

I know this kit is pants OOB but it makes quite a nice blank canvass for playing with!

Very nice progress, and I'm pinching some of your ideas too !!

Si.

Cracking scratching :speak_cool:

I know this kit is pants OOB but it makes quite a nice blank canvass for playing with!

Very nice progress, and I'm pinching some of your ideas too !!

Si.

Feel free to pinch away Si, you're more than welcome buddy!

Well there I was the other day trawling fleabay like you do...

...and I made an offer on...well this:

pix2002.jpg

OMG what have I done?!!!!! :deadhorse:

The instructions are fullsome...basically "well done for your purchase and if it all goes pete tong don't call us" :banghead:

Can you guess what its a kit of? Brownie points to the first correct guess and to "diamond9" Gary you can't answer cos you know already!