Jump to content

Vickers Wellington Mk.III


racedees
 Share

Recommended Posts

Did some work yesterday with the following result.

The bombbay

DSC07404.jpg

The floor

DSC07405.jpg

Pilot, navigator and radiocompartment

DSC07406.jpg

DSC07408.jpg

DSC07409.jpg

All together makes

DSC07411.jpg

DSC07412.jpg

That's all for now... more to come.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just lurve your table cloth

Or more seriously, please use a plain background for your photos. The sprue shots are really hard to make out.

Are the dials & controls painted or a decal?

Thanks and cheers

Adam

Edited by Madam I'm Adam
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just lurve your table cloth

Or more seriously, please use a plain background for your photos. The sprue shots are really hard to make out.

Are the dials & controls painted or a decal?

Thanks and cheers

Adam

Sorry for that! :o The following pictures will be with a plain background.

The dials are a decal by the way. There is no dial detail on the panel unfortunately. :(

Edited by racedees
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DSC07419.jpg

I've got a Trumpeter Wellington Mk. X lined up if I ever finish the Vulcan. Wondering how you got the clean finish on the raised silver/grey geodesic interior frame (without smearing it all over the tan interior)? :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've got a Trumpeter Wellington Mk. X lined up if I ever finish the Vulcan. Wondering how you got the clean finish on the raised silver/grey geodesic interior frame (without smearing it all over the tan interior)? :)

I used a microbrush ultrafine for this. And the drybrush technique.

The white ones:

microbrush.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
I used a microbrush ultrafine for this. And the drybrush technique.

Useful idea, thanks.

What do you make of the fabric effect. I did the 48 version and thought that the upper wing fabric bulged upwards where it should be sagging down. As though the mouldmakers had worked from an 'in flight' photograph. Is it the same in 72?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

After a few months of no modelling (moved recently and my 2nd daughter was born :wub: ), I found a lost hour to do some this weekend.

I painted the bombbay black and glued the front turret together. When I find the charger for my camera I will place some pics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congratulations. I'm trying to find the time to paint my Vulcan, but end up spending it with the baby or painting the new house.

I was watching this thread to see how you got on with it. Look forward to more progress :)

Edited by thankyousam
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Well I finaly found some time again to do something with Wimpy.

I also found the charger of my camera, so here are the pictures.

The rear turret ready for paint and assembly.

DSC08360.jpg

also the front turret

DSC08359.jpg

For the first time a used a wash, still needs a lot of practice.

on the interior

DSC08364.jpg

and on the engines

DSC08361.jpg

After that I glued the two halves together and placed the tail.

DSC08367.jpg

'

Hope to do some work again tomorow or friday. B)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Sadly I haven't had the time to make progress on this beauty :sorry: . But I will finish this one. I will open a new topic in the Work in progress - Aircraft section when I continue this build within short time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...