1:72 Eurofighter Typhoon

Hi folks,

I have here today a shake the box and fall together kit.

This is the Airfix rendition of the Eurofighter Typhoon,

P5211159.jpg

I wont be doing it as the cover scheme simply because the decals in the kit are :shit: however I am not buying after markets all I am doing is swapping this kits decals with the other Airfix offerings decals so instead of a No. 17 Sqn RAF Typhoon I end up with a No. 29 Sqn typhoon which I personally think looks a lot nicer!

Onto the kit,

P5211161.jpg

Edited by RAF Colonel

P5230042.jpg

Shook the box and things fell together like a dream, really is a nice simple kit... the issue is that its too simple for me, and is the wrong type of Tiffie for the one the box offers and the one the decals require so i am going to have to do some minor DIy and surgery on her to make her look pwety!

First things first fitted the pods to the end of each wing, the Right hand one in the kit is identical to the left which in reality is not trus so I had to hack and file down the right hand one down to a nice smooth surface.

P5230021.jpg

Cockpit is also pretty basic.... infact it makes basic look cool! Ive used my limited small painting skills to put together a panel and some small dots as switches and I am working on one of the target HUD(?) tops, as well as scratch building some detail for just behind the cockpit using stretched sprue and bits and pieces I find lying round. Just to pretty things up a little bit.

P5230023.jpg