My build - XX285 100 Sqn

Hi all

I started my build a few days ago, using the Revell 1/32 kit

It was initailly going to be XX312 in the 100 sqn grey anniversary scheme but is now going to be XX285 in the all over black 100 Sqn scheme.

The kit has been built totally out of the box and has got to the stage where the fuselage is together and the wings are on. I need to put the tailplanes on and then give it all a good sanding!

I'm not using the kit seat belts this time, i've ordered a set of Kuivaleinen etch ones which will hopefully look a lot better.

Thats it for now, pictures to follow whwn i get home from work tonight

Antony

Edited by Antony Robertson

Hi gang

Update time, with pictures this time!

First off is the obligatory box shot

DSCF2098.jpg

Now the decals i'm going to be using

DSCF2110.jpg

DSCF2109.jpg

DSCF2108.jpg

Lastly are a couple of pictures of the frankly gorgeous Kuivaleinen etch seat belts and seat detail set! The quality is incredible and is made by Eduard so should be nice and easy to use

DSCF2101.jpg

DSCF2105.jpg

More to follow!

Antony

That one is going to look very nice, and that etch looks exquisite. I wasn't going to fit my seats but may get some of that and change my plan, I didn't know if anything was available yet, how much was it if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers now

Bob

That one is going to look very nice, and that etch looks exquisite. I wasn't going to fit my seats but may get some of that and change my plan, I didn't know if anything was available yet, how much was it if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers now

Bob

Hi Bob

I got it from eBay and it cost £10 including postage.

Antony

Time for a quick update.

The last few bits have been stuck together on the fuselage prior to spraying and the whole thing has been given a coat of primer.

DSCF2114.jpg

The other update is on one of the seats.

I've fitted all the etch to it which took quite a long time but is definitely worth the effort!

I just need to put a light wash over the seat as it looks too clean.

DSCF2112.jpg

DSCF2111.jpg

Any comments more than welcome

Antony

ok, quick update and a bit of a rant!

The plane has been sprayed black and decalling has commenced.

Now for the rant:

The decal instructions show the stripe on the underside of the plane to be yellow with a blue border, but the stripe provided on the sheet is just blue! The front of the stripe, which is a seperate decal is correct but the main part is clearly wrong!

Having spent almost £10 on a sheet which has such a glaringly obvious mistake, i'm not overly impressed as it means until i can find a way of correcting the fault the build will have to stop! :rant:

I'll be on the phone to Hannants on monday to see what they propose to do about it!

Rant over, sorry but i'm just a bit annoyed

Antony

ok, quick update and a bit of a rant!

The plane has been sprayed black and decalling has commenced.

Now for the rant:

The decal instructions show the stripe on the underside of the plane to be yellow with a blue border, but the stripe provided on the sheet is just blue! The front of the stripe, which is a seperate decal is correct but the main part is clearly wrong!

Having spent almost £10 on a sheet which has such a glaringly obvious mistake, i'm not overly impressed as it means until i can find a way of correcting the fault the build will have to stop! :rant:

I'll be on the phone to Hannants on monday to see what they propose to do about it!

Rant over, sorry but i'm just a bit annoyed

Antony

omg!! im glad i didnt start mine, any luck with a solution yet

omg!! im glad i didnt start mine, any luck with a solution yet

Hi Mark

I spoke to David Hannant about the problem as he's their decal guru and he told me that they had missed that problem and nobody else had mentioned it to them!

At the moment i'm waiting to see whats going to happen but i suspect a sheet of the yellow decal paper will be included in all future runs of this set.

I've carried on putting decals on the kit despite this problem, i'll get some pictures up in the next couple of days

Antony

Edited by Antony Robertson

• 2 weeks later...

Update time

After a further chat with Hannants, i've discovered that MicroScale have been informed of the error with the decals and they will be printing a correction sheet soon.

Anyway, onto the kit: Decalling has been more or less finished and a lot more building has been done.

The 2 seats are now fitted with the canopy fitted. I still have the MDC and canopy seal decals to put on

DSCF2127.jpg

Next a picture of the underside decals showing the stripe error on the decals

DSCF2128.jpg

Finally a couple of side shots showing the decals

DSCF2130.jpg

DSCF2129.jpg

any comments welcome

Antony

• 3 weeks later...

Update time!

After receiving the correction sheet from Hannants i've progressed this model to the point i'm now calling it finished!

Painted with Humbrol Gloss Black from a rattle can. The decals settled superbly using just a little bit of Micro-set/sol.

DSCF2156.jpg

DSCF2152.jpg

DSCF2153.jpg

DSCF2155.jpg

DSCF2157.jpg

DSCF2151.jpg

Any comments more than welcome.

Antony

Mark

I'm sure yours will be just as good.

One tip, when putting the stripe on the bottom, there is a moulded ridge on the airbrake. It will be worth slicing the decal to get the decal to sit correctly or you'll end up with a pinched in area like i've got on mine!

Antony