Vickers Vimey

CPNGROATS

Tom: I don't see this a/c on the "approved list"..I would like to proceed with this build if it meets your muster...please advise........

tks,

ggc

P1010001-2.jpg

Welcome to the GB ggc :welcome:

As things stand, the statistics show that 40% of the entrants for this GB will be Vimys!

Have you decided on a paint scheme yet?

Cliff

Scheme will be something like the FROG B/A. Brown/Buff...

Cheers,

ggc

I've been gathering references, particularly concerning the rigging/control cables...this will be a challenge I think..

Cheers,

ggc

Dear Dave: I would like a copy of the PAM article..

Thanks,

ggc

If anyone wants a copy of the old article in PAM news on updating/correcting the kit, let me know. If you don't want to know, then ignore this post!

Thanks for the offer Dave, but thanks to Stevehd I already have a copy. There's a bit to do, isn't there? The hand drawn illustrations bring back fond memories though of early Airfix Magazine conversions :)

Cliff

Thank's to Dave I have the PAM reference article for FROG Vimy corrections... who knew?? Also,

I've gathered some other references from the internet so it will be time to start cutting styrene this weekend....

I'm hoping to use the kit decals....but, I'm getting ahead of myself....

Cheers,

ggc

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I've gathered references galore, so I'll be cutting plastic real soon...pics to follow..........

Cheers,

ggc

Here are some pics of what you get with FROG Kit # F163. This kit has been in the stash since the 1970's. I paid $ 3.39 USD for it.

P6190038.jpg

P6190039.jpg

P6190040.jpg

P6190041.jpg

P6190042.jpg

P6190043.jpg

P6190044.jpg

P6190045.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Modelling byplanes scares me rigid. Never done one and the thought of all that rigging would give me nightmares. Lots of kudos to you ggc and our other brave men Cliff, gcn and spazman! :worthy: I'm watching these threads with great interest!

Edited by Pedrovski