Batajnica Airbase, Serbia

Sivcev

Great pics!

How is the Serbian Air Force getting along with returning the MiG-29s to service? Last I heard was only the two-seat MiG-29UB was flying... but I see from your pics at least one single seat aircraft is flying too.

Is there any more news about a replacement for the MiG-21?

As I now all remaining Mig 29 is in service (3 one seater + 1 two seater), about new plane for Serbian air force I know only that air-force had some contacts with almost all manufactures of multirole plane

Edited by Sivcev

Interesting pics, hope you don't mind me asking, what is the Jaguar looking ship with the black/white scheme & what is the camo two seater taxying in front of the crowd, it looks like a trainer but maybe with some strike ability? I'd love to see New Zealand with something similar.

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz

It's a Soko J-22 Orao.

From Wikipedia:

The Soko J-22 Orao (Eagle) is a twin-engined, subsonic, close support, ground attack and tactical reconnaissance aircraft, with secondary capability as low level interceptor. It was built as a single-seat main attack version or as a combat capable two-seat version for advanced flying and weapon training. It was developed as a joint Yugoslav-Romanian project in the 1970s for the air forces of both nations, SOKO building it in Yugoslavia, and Avioane Craiova as the IAR-93 Vultur in Romania.

Full article here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soko_Orao

And a rather poor pic I took on one of my several visits to the fantastic Air Museum in Belgrade:

IMG_1716.jpg

The two seater in camo is a Soko G-4 Super Galeb:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soko_G-4_Super_Galeb

Edited by Pielstick

As I now all remaining Mig 29 is in service (3 one seater + 1 two seater), about new plane for Serbian air force I know only that air-force had some contacts with almost all manufactures of multirole plane

Thanks, interesting to hear all the remaining MiG-29s are flying again.

What are your feelings on the replacement for the MiG-21? Do you think Serbia will go Russian or Western? I have to admit I think a Serbian Gripen would look very nice :)

My feelings are that will be from west, maby some second hand f-16, but who knows.....

Rumors I heard are that airforce wishes are Eurofighter, but money could be problem for new plane.

Next year Serbia celebrate 100 years of air force, maby we will see something new in service that day.

Thanks, interesting to hear all the remaining MiG-29s are flying again.

What are your feelings on the replacement for the MiG-21? Do you think Serbia will go Russian or Western? I have to admit I think a Serbian Gripen would look very nice :)

Would love them to keep it Russian.. Didn't know they had so little Mig-29's though.

Thanks for the photos, Nice to see. :)