Looks whats happened to my baby...

Graeme

Back in the day (around 83-84) I was an ARRV commander at 7 Armoured Workshop in Fallingbostel; for some reason this came during a thread on Missing-Lynx, and someone sent me a photo of my former track as it is now...a recovery training wreck back here in the UK (at Borden I think).

Bearing in mind it's a Chieftain ARRV, and therefore we spent hours and hours making sure it didn't break down too often, look at the state she's in now!

gc02a.jpg

As a side note, it was, I'm sure, the first tank in BAOR to be fitted with indicators at the rear - my crew and I fitted them ourselves, using Land Rover parts; we decided to go ahead and do it after we'd been on a run on public roads up to Soltau training area, and as we turned across a junction, we came within about a foot of hitting a German bus.

Regards

Graeme

• 2 weeks later...
Back in the day (around 83-84) I was an ARRV commander at 7 Armoured Workshop in Fallingbostel; for some reason this came during a thread on Missing-Lynx, and someone sent me a photo of my former track as it is now...a recovery training wreck back here in the UK (at Borden I think).

Bearing in mind it's a Chieftain ARRV, and therefore we spent hours and hours making sure it didn't break down too often, look at the state she's in now!

gc02a.jpg

As a side note, it was, I'm sure, the first tank in BAOR to be fitted with indicators at the rear - my crew and I fitted them ourselves, using Land Rover parts; we decided to go ahead and do it after we'd been on a run on public roads up to Soltau training area, and as we turned across a junction, we came within about a foot of hitting a German bus.

Regards

Graeme

ive been over this veh several times its just down the road from me