FW 190 STGB

Hi I would like to join your build with a kit from the Eduard 190a Nachtjager dual combo sets probablyFw 190A-8 "neptune"Fhj. Ofw.Gunter Migge 1/NJGr. 10

this will be my first ever group build and i lookforward to chatting to you all along the way.

now roll on 4th February 2012. Now got to try and get a photo on

Alistair

Edited by Alistair

Rowan. Are there going to be catagories (1/72, 1/48 e.t.c.) or just one big one?

Steve

p.s. I have another prize to donate, but I'll PM you later.

Hi Steve - I got your pm, great stuff!

At the moment it is just a free for all, but yes there does some to be a good deal of interest and possibly splitting up the entries into scale categories is something to consider. I guess it depends if people would prefer that? I'm open to people's ideas on the matter.

Right, I've also a few new entries to put on the list. Welcome to all the newcomers, the countdown continues to FW-Day! :)

Hey guys!

I'll join...don't have a kit yet but it will most likely be the Eduard 1/48 kit. Not sure what variant, I love the early variants but it depends whats on the market for cheap! But I'd also love to do the red striped bottom as sported by a few D9s. We'll see!

Now there's a challange.

Given the amount of photo's of the 190 that are available, let's see how many of you can post one of the aircraft you are doing. It may even inspire a dio or two.

Steve

Hi Steve,

I hope you don't mind but I have loaned your banner for the GB.

Arnold ;)

Oh BUMS!

Just picked up the Airfix 1/24 FW190 for doing Lixfeld's Mushi. Before it turns up I checked my instructions from a previous one.

Now I thought I would need to scratch build the wing bulges for the MG108's. Not a problem as they are just shaped rectangles. And the armour panels are easy enough.

However, the kit does not have the bulged cowl for the fuselage MG151's, so that would have to be scratch built as I don't think there is an AM one available.

Bugger, bugger, bugger.

The only option I can see is to do one of Sturmstaffel 1's early A-6's (probably Vivroux or von Kornatski) or scratch build the bulged cowl.

Nothings ever simple, is it?

Any suggestions?

Or do I just chicken out and use Hasegawa's 1/32 A-8?

Steve

Hi I would like to join your build with a kit from the Eduard 190a Nachtjager dual combo sets probablyFw 190A-8 "neptune"Fhj. Ofw.Gunter Migge 1/NJGr. 10

this will be my first ever group build and i lookforward to chatting to you all along the way.

now roll on 4th February 2012. Now got to try and get a photo on

Alistair

Here is a pic of the kit box

P1090460.jpg

I think I have solved the problem with the 1/24 kit.

While I digging around in the box for the Trumpeter 1/24 Dora for the Ta152 that has just been put into the KUTA IV GB I came across the bulged cowl for the Dora that was not used because of the conversion. I've had a quick check and the fit at the back is ok but the front needs extending. This will not be a problem as I should be able to graft it onto the Anton one.

What a relief!

Steve

That is a relief Steve! It will be great to see Lixfeld's aircraft done in 1/24 scale.

Also, welcome to Basosz for joining in, and Alisair that Eduard box set of the night fighter 190 looks sweet. :)

Edited by rowmk9

That is a relief Steve! It will be great to see Lixfeld's aircraft done in 1/24 scale.

Tell me about it. All I need to do now is get in touch with Ian at AdAstraMasks to see about some of his lovely product for the 'Muschi' writting and the Wilde Sau shields.

Speaking of the Wilde Sau shields, I have colour side profiles that have the background in yellow and a set of the Eagle Strike decals with it in white.

Can any of the BM Experten give me their opinions please.

Steve

Speaking of the Wilde Sau shields, I have colour side profiles that have the background in yellow and a set of the Eagle Strike decals with it in white.

Well, I've done some more digging around and I have come to the conclusion that the shield background is white.

If you look at this photo it is clear that the shield background is much lighter than the 12 which is yellow.

1-Fw-190A8-6_JG300-Y12--Paul-Lixfeld-Germany-1944-02.jpg

As I'm hoping to do two builds for the GB there is a possibility that the second one may not get finished. So, what would you guys rather see and I'll do that one first. The Mistel or the Sturmbock?

Steve

Yes i'd go for a white Wilde Sau shield as well, like you say as we know the number is yellow and the shield is far lighter in tone in all the photos of the aircraft.

It is also shown as being white in a colour profile in the stunning JG300 "Wilde Sau" Eagle Editions book. Why not try Mals Masks for your masks.

Right then, i'm thinking of jumping aboard this Group Build. If I do i'll be building a Ta152c, well i've got to build one some time haven't I! Anyway it'll be the Dragon one that i'll be doing and so that means chopping the engine off the kit fuselage which is the Ta152H and replacing it with the supplied Ta152C unit. My question is will I be able to do the cutting before the start date? The speed that I work i'll never get the kit finished in time if I don't.

Right then, i'm thinking of jumping aboard this Group Build. If I do i'll be building a Ta152c, well i've got to build one some time haven't I! Anyway it'll be the Dragon one that i'll be doing and so that means chopping the engine off the kit fuselage which is the Ta152H and replacing it with the supplied Ta152C unit. My question is will I be able to do the cutting before the start date? The speed that I work i'll never get the kit finished in time if I don't.

Quite a few GB's allow entries that are a maximum of 20-25% started. However, it is up to Rowan and H on this one.

Steve

Hi folks, this will be my first GB here. Have not decided exactly which FW(s) I'll build but it (they) will be 1/72 scale and I will try to make it (or one of them) a little different if I can find an unorthodox subject.

David.

Have a Hobby Boss 1/72 Dora near the top of the stash and the captured Soviet scheme on wp might be fun. Certainly won't be pristine. Only trouble is, as it's a Hobby Boss kit, some people might consider it to be more than 25% finished before you take it out of the box... :winkgrin:

• 3 weeks later...
I am in as well.

I am thinking of a 1/32 hasegawa Fw-190A5 converted to a A3 or A4 (or maybee even a A2) from the Montex set.

Cheers Arnold

After doing another groups build (for IPMS Netherlands) I will combine these two build. So I am going to make even a earlier version. It will be a A1 version.

It will be the A1 with a shark mouth from JG 1.

Edited by Arniec

Also bought Hasegawa's 32nd FW190F-8 Tankbuster but I think that's a prototype. Looks ace though so I might do all three so I have three scales on the production line. That would be kinda cool