Concorde STGB

I don't know if these pictures are of any use to anyone but here's a comparrison between the orginal Airfix Prototype (light grey), the later Airfix (dark grey) and the Revell (white) Concordes.

291483479.jpg

291483474.jpg

291483477.jpg

I used FDcal's sheet when I built the old Airfix one as G-BSST

369909713.jpg

369909719.jpg

369909739.jpg

369909746.jpg

I think somewhere I still have another FDcal sheet for the French Prototype. I don't know if I'll ever use them as I will need another Airfix Proto kit.

Cheers!

............. Watch this space Kevin, you and your doors have nothing on me LMAO

ok I'm watching....dont forget the cockpit interior and the cabin details....galley, seats etc.....

:devil:

• 2 weeks later...
Would this beastie be eligible.......?

I would say "No" unless GB is renamed to SST STGB. It's like putting Bf-109 into Spitfire competition simple based on plane purpose, single engine-ness and historical period.

I reckon I could be in here with the 1/72 kit.

There are some interesting improvement comments on here and I hope they can get carried forwards to the GB thread once we're underway.

Interesting note on the windows. The obvious solution to having the windows moulded too big would be to glue and flair them in, mask the centre to the correct shape and size, then apply overall paint. Any reason why this won't work?

Colin W

Interesting note on the windows. The obvious solution to having the windows moulded too big would be to glue and flair them in, mask the centre to the correct shape and size, then apply overall paint. Any reason why this won't work?

Filling the windows with clear epoxy or a piece of transparent plastic with further sanding and polishing will work, but it is too labour intensive to get it right - simply not worth it as the windows are somewhat 1.4x1.8 mm (can't remember exactly) - smaller than in most of 1:144 airliners that are OK with decals.

What will not work - filling the windows with PVA and masking them afterwards

Edited by Pin

How about filling with translucent resin, sanding back the flat area then re-drilling the windows?

Windows are not round, I found it too hard to drill and then to mill ~50 holes of the same shape/size. I'm not saying this is not feasible but beyond capabilities of my main pair of hands

I'm not sure if any decal makers do concorde windows....but the obvious solution would be to just fill them, sand smooth and use decals

• 1 month later...

Hi Rich,

Is it possible to include myself in this group build?

Just ordered a Revell 1/144 Concorde off Ebay and some door/cabin windows from Draw Decals.

100% certain I'll be using the "Landor" livery for this build (best one, in my opinion!).

Cheers,

Mark

Yep, you can join us Micha. How have you been, not seen you about for a bit?

built a couple of airliners but didn't show them on BM and not even on my own gallery ... only on Facebook ;)

thumb_DSC08947.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, as the Mossie GB has been put back a tad, and as i've a 72nd Concorde in the Stash i'd like to have a bash at

this GB.

I have a twisted What-If idea, which i'll keep schtuhm! about for the moment, as it depends on finding accurate plans

for Skybolt missiles......

Regards Rob..

• 2 weeks later...