Nice work so far! Good to see progress despite our best efforts to hijack your build thread!!

Phil

Hijack? Not at all! All good stuff and all relevant, and with Nick involved..... informative! You can't have enough Harrier chat!

It is interesting to follow your build, Bill. Very informative!

Hijack?

As I am making decals for my own T.52 G-VTOL model, I will include decals for G-VSTO on the same sheet. 1/72 and 1/48 scale planned. Just in case anybody is interested ...

Nils

It is interesting to follow your build, Bill. Very informative!

As I am making decals for my own T.52 G-VTOL model, I will include decals for G-VSTO on the same sheet. 1/72 and 1/48 scale planned. Just in case anybody is interested ...

Nils

I rather suspect I may be interested Nils!!! In both scales......

Pace has been sloooooowww, but it seems I'm approaching the painting stage - a bit of a worry as I'm still undecided as to which aircraft and scheme I'm modelling!!

Progress then - various antennae and stuff added from plastic card. New pitot is a needle housed in a drilled out pice of plastic rod.

I'll need to add bits and tidy up the cockpit area yet....

IMG_7527.jpg

IMG_7528.jpg

IMG_7529.jpg

The main reference work - some great modelling tips in there!!!

IMG_7521.jpg

Bill, despite all the extensive enhancements, I notice that you do not fill the space forward of the nozzle fairings. Is this because it remains invisible in this scale or is just too fiddly?

New pitot looks great btw.

Cheers, Kirk.

Bill, despite all the extensive enhancements, I notice that you do not fill the space forward of the nozzle fairings. Is this because it remains invisible in this scale or is just too fiddly?

New pitot looks great btw.

Cheers, Kirk.

Thanks Kirk, .Its not the fiddliness necessarily, some plastic card and milliput would do, but I''ve never bothered filling the recess in 1/72- no-one generally gets that close up to see!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all.....I hope to start getting some paint on over the weekend. I think that it may be in the Medium Sea Grey Falklands scheme - probably 809 NAS, but I'll decide once I have a coat of primer on....

This kit is still the best SHAR available - and thats a shame as Airfix could of an should have not made the mistakes they did on theirs. That should have been a serious challenger. They were told, when early test shots were viewed....... I understand that the GR9/7 is a vast improvement!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, its been a few weeks but the project (Stalled because I lost the resin MB Mk 10 Ejector Seat!!) has now reached the paint shop!! Finally decided on Overall Dark Sea Grey. I'll be using the 190 Gall tanks from the Xtrakit Shar2 kit, and most likely the twin winder combo from the Airfix Shar2 (or 1?)

IMG_9199.jpg

IMG_9197.jpg

IMG_9200.jpg

IMG_9201.jpg

IMG_9202.jpg

Needs a bit of tidying up - I know!! Particularly on the radome, the windscreen and the fin top antennae - I know, I know!!!!

Any progess is good progress Bill. Lost track of how many Harrier's you have on the go there but always enjoy seeing a SHAR being modelled to such a high standard.

• 3 weeks later...