Two seat Mig 17 (chinese)

hari ari

Has any one scratch built the Chinese Mig 17 in 1/72 scale? I was thinking of kitbashing the Mig 15 UTI with the Mig 17, using KP kits. These were in large scale operation with the Chinese AF and Egyption AF. Another similar project is to convert the Mig 19 into a two seater, again in the Chinese AF.

Thanks

Has any one scratch built the Chinese Mig 17 in 1/72 scale? I was thinking of kitbashing the Mig 15 UTI with the Mig 17, using KP kits. These were in large scale operation with the Chinese AF and Egyption AF. Another similar project is to convert the Mig 19 into a two seater, again in the Chinese AF.

Thanks

I thought about these many years ago but never got round to doing them, the furthest I went was to put the nose from the KP MiG-17PF onto the MiG-15UTI to make the Czech Avia CS-104 (I think) radar trainer. That went very well and I was hoping the nose from the -15 would fit the -17 to make a -17F but just couldn't get it right. Once upon a time Aeroclub did a set of vacform canopies for the KP MIG-15,-15UTI,-17 and -19 which might be useful. I don't think you have to do much to the -17 apart from put in the second cockpit as the photos I have to hand don't seem to show a change in length - I could be wrong though as I can't find the best photos I think I have. For the -19 it looks like you have to change the length of the fuselage so this will be more difficult, also I think the canopy is a slightly different shape although you could probably get away with careful trimming and painting.

Most of my information came from articles on the Pakistan AF and those were the markings I was going to use, I only ever completed the -19 single seater though.

If you'd like me to do more digging and some scans drop me a PM as I'm sure I have those articles/photos filed away somewhere,

Ross

mrcooljules, thanks, can you provide a link. Also do do canopies for the Mig 15 uti and the two seat Mig 19 in Chinese service.

Thanks

check his other items for pavla , i got this last week, and a much larger Mig range. not sure about a mig 19 though

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=230602045625