1/48 Dynavector Gannet AS-1

Hello

Just finished my Dynavector Gannet, my first attempt at a VacForm kit. It wasn't as bad as expected and once it was all cut off the sheet and strengthened it went together pretty well. Instructions were a bit limited, but that added to the fun... If anyone is ever going to build one, ignore the no nose weight required, it needs A LOT! Detail is limited and my model is sadly completely outclassed by the 1/72 build posted recently! I avoided spending too much time adding extra detail as I was just so happy it had actually gone together I didn't want to mess it up! The Decals were also 'fun' thick and with some form of opaque glue that I had to wipe off each one before I laid it onto the kit. Anyway, onto some pictures, hope you like it:

P1010859.jpg

P1010861.jpg

P1010860.jpg

P1010863.jpg

P1010862.jpg

P1010866.jpg

P1010864.jpg

P1010865.jpg

P1010867.jpg

P1010870.jpg

Ian

• Like 2

Looks lovely - you've done a cracking job.

I did Dynavector's Javelin as my first vac-form and loved it. Once you get over the initial feeling of "what the f**k was I thinking?" when you look at the sheets of plastic they go together rather well.

Nice work Alan. I really must do mine, and stop waiting for CA to re-release theirs. I've not built a vacform in ages now (KUTA 2010, which is scary), and often get the urge to pick another one out of the stash :hmmm:

Hi Ian,

That's a great job! And it's your first vacuform. I've started several vac kits, but always end up binning them and returning to injection molded or resin. Some folks have the knack for vac, and I don't! Looks like you've got it though. Congrats.

Love the subject - Gannets are a favorite of mine. They're just so ungainly cool.

Cheers,

Bill

Alan: That's a wonderful effort, vacform you say...? who knew.. :analintruder:

Cheers,

ggc