Of all the models you have built over the years...

Maybe it is a hard decision for some, but for me this has for a long time been my favourite model. I built it about 10 years ago and have always kept a place for it in my cabinet. It is the Aeroclub 1/48th Tiger Moth.

I like my Eduard WW1 kits, love the Wingnuts kits, and maybe one of these should be my favourites, but for some reason this one wins. Its a lovely little kit, goes together well, and perfectly says 'Ah! De Havilland'.

So here it is, my all time favourite model;

Tiggie1.jpg

Tiggie2.jpg

Tiggie3.jpg

Tiggie4.jpg

Anyone want to post a few pics of their favourite?

Superb work. Mine is probably my Airfix Spitfire Mk I. Although it's the new kit, it reminded me of building kits with my dad and brother as a nipper.

Spitfiremk1-6.jpg

Many years ago I built Trumpeters 1/35 Faun Tank Transporter and put a Tamiya Leopard 2 on it. I also added chains and working shackles I picked up in a model train show. For sheer enjoyment it was hard to beat.

Fauntanktransporter1.jpg

Fauntanktransporter2.jpg

FaunTankTransporter3.jpg

As for aircraft. This is Tamiya's 1/32 F-16 Thunderbird converted to an Isreali aircraft using Isracast conversion and decals. Again, for a job which was satisfying it was hard to beat.

IsrealiF-16.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pics.

Steve

Hey, great response !

They are all lovely, I know what you mean about the Spitfire Paul, I always used to make the Frog Sea Fury with my dad. Youve done a top job with it.

Cracking Tomcat (is that the Sundowners?) and F-16 too, and that Faun is a beauty, thats what I call heavy metal. And wow, the Warthog is something else, got a few more pics Simon?

John

Edit - and a belting Typhoon arrives while I was writing this. What are this RBF tags, brass etch? they look really good.

Edited by Viking

Great thread and some cracking builds here :coolio:

Here's mine, Revell's 1/72 Tornado GR.1

TornadoBuild122.jpg

And here it is in Verlinden's Revetment and Flightpath's GPU

TornadoBuild180.jpg

Rich

Edited by Rich F

Rich,

:gobsmacked:

This is about models, not photos of the real thing.

b****y awesome!

That goes for the Warthog too !

Edited by Viking

This Model holds a dear place in my heart, being the first review build i did for Scale Modelling Now magazine.

The lovely Eduard BF109E-4 in 1/32nd Scale.

photo.jpg

Adam

My absolute favourite is this:

1/35 Bristol Bloodhound.

Inaccurate... But I love it! Why? Because it's not a kit... It's my first ever scratchbuild and made from a photo. I built it from styrene, balsa, pencils, candles and wiring from a PC power supply.

I had to use the material I had to hand and just could not get the shapes right, especialy the cones. It near drove me demented.

I love it, pure dead chuffed with it!

Bloodhoundbase022Large.jpg

Bloodhoundbase023Large.jpg

Bloodhound066Large.jpg

Beside 1/35 figgie for size reference:

Bloodhound084Large.jpg

Definitely my most favourite model.

:wub:

I'm partial to the Messaschnitzel as flown by Werner Mouldy...and a companion Spitsfire as flown by Lt. Rif Raf... :analintruder: These are Revell kits with some mods...

PB260040cropped.jpg

PB260038cropped.jpg

PB260041cropped.jpg

Cheers,

ggc

I was thinking this was an aircraft-only-thread until I saw the Faun and carrier. ;) That carrier is just amazing. Outstanding work! There are some amazing models in this thread guys. Fantastic!!! I have a quite a few that I consider awesome but I think I would have to nominate this M1074 PLS HEMTT Truck. Simply because it is scratch built. It may not look perfect but considering the work that went into it, it still stands as my favorite after building it about 4 years ago.

m1075c.jpg

m1075d.jpg

m1075pls2.jpg

m1075pls.jpg

m1074pls3.jpg

m1074pls2.jpg

m1074pls.jpg

Edited by tiking

This one!

P5080014.jpg

Sirmar HMS Hermes.........3years now and still not quite finished!

Not up to your excellent standard guys.......but trying hard!

Rex

oh my days!!! what scale is that 1/72?

my father in law was on hermes in the mid-late 70s (when they were trialing the harriers i think it ws before the ramp too) id give anything for a model of it