Dynavector 1:48 Supermarine Scimitar

Mike

I was just having a wander round this thread for a trip down memory lane, and thought I'd add that I finally succumbed & flicked off the drop tanks, and painted the underside leading edges of the wings XDSG in time to show her at the Cosford show the other weekend :)

• 11 years later...

Hi Mike. I’m just about starting work on the Dynavector Scimitar. But I haven’t got an instruction sheet in the kit gifted to me. I won’t be even close to as awesome as your build. 
however. Do you happen to have your instruction sheet still handy ?

I've got a funny feeling it's gone in the great recycling bin in the sky, but I'm sure someone else might be able to help.  Have you tried asking in the Instructions Wanted area? :)

2 minutes ago, Liberator224J said:

Went straight for you considering your spectacular build. :). Will try there now. However I feel most parts are self explanatory. And seeing your build helps me work backwards as well. Thanks Mike. Stay Safe. 

Thanks - you too :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Liberator224J - I was rooting through some paperwork today and guess what I found?  The instructions for the Scimitar!  It's only two sides of one sheet, so a piece of cake to scan and email, so drop me a line :)

• Thanks 1

I've got one of these in the stash too. It's my first vacform I've actually started but so far it's easy going.

I have the main parts cut out, fuselage halves are sanded to the correct depth and have been 'tabbed' as has the tail. I'm waiting for a contour gauge to arrive so I can cut some bulkheads to avoid too much flexing and cracks in the joins etc.

When I was looking for a Scimitar kit a few years ago it was this extremely impressive build that drew me to find the Dynavector kit and I'm glad I've finally started to build it.

Cheers,

WV908

42 minutes ago, Liberator224J said:

Does the kit come with Decal placement instructions ? 

Can't remember. That page (if it exists) will probably turn up in a few weeks based on past performance though ;)

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...

Hi Mike

Shameless scrounge request  ...

May I Please ask a HUGE favour ?

Are you able to read the stencils on the Dynavector sheet and do you still have your instructions/ plans that came with this kit ?

If you can read the stencils would you be willing to transcribe the text ?

I can make my own decals if you can assist with that.

If you have the plans that came with the kit could I please beg a copy of those too - maybe the stencil text is included on the plans ?

As you probably know Dynavector sadly stopped producing these bench-mark quality vac forms with the death of its owner and the Dynavector website doesn;t respond to requests. 

P{lease be assured I only seek a copy for personal use and research so Copyright is not an issue   

I have tried to find the kit for years now without success ... don't suppose you have a spare ? 

I have a part built Nimbus kit in 1/48 which measures up to the plans I have have pretty well,  it's an ultra basic shell which has required a lot of research to unearth visible details but will still need stencils to finish it off

I'd be very grateful for any assistance you might be able to give

TIA and regards

David