As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
murfv

XX255, 74 Sqn/4FTS, 1992

Box pic

HawkGB1.jpg

Planned grey scheme with black fin, with decals from Modeldecal

More to follow

Edited by murfv

your not as late as me i havnet started yet

I made a start on my hawk last night with the usual cockpit area(painted and decaled as

per instructions) and found a couple of white metal seats to use instead of the kit ones(pics to follow)

I was wondering if there were any pitfalls/issues I should be aware of with regard to this kit?

Also how much weight, if any, is needed up front to avoid a tail sitter?

Thanks

I made a start on my hawk last night with the usual cockpit area(painted and decaled as

per instructions) and found a couple of white metal seats to use instead of the kit ones(pics to follow)

I was wondering if there were any pitfalls/issues I should be aware of with regard to this kit?

Thanks

no its really simple to build, no wieght needed

Thanks

Don't drop it !!! :rofl:

..... and a late finisher.

Missed the dead line on this one by a few hours(Sunday afternoon) & only got to take (really bad) pictures today.

I will take a few better shots over the weekend.

Anyway, here is XX255

DSCF0067.jpg

The recent 1/72 Airfix Kit with decals from Modeldecal, Aeroclub white metal seats and I replaced the kit probe with a pin.

I did the canopy in black and the windscreen in primer colour?? as per a photo I found on the web from sometime around 1998.XX255 74Sqn circa 1998

A nice kit which I will be doing again sometime in the not too distant future.

Sign in to follow this