Attention IL-2 Fans

Pielstick

Just did a bit of reading about this UP3 release and apparently it's a "release candidate" - the final version will be released in about a month, and not all of the intented content is included in the UP3 release candidate.

I've just tried a couple of my custom campaigns... a Spitfire MkVIII campaign in Burma and a Tempest V campaign in the Ardennes Offensive and the sim freezes a few minutes after starting the mission :confused: Obviously there's something not right with my UP3.

The good news is I've kept a backup of my original heavily modded UP2 installation and am just restoring it now. It's got 95% of the UP3 content and I know it all works 100% fine.

I'll wait for the final release version of UP3 I think.

ive recently got hold of a copy of IL-2, and its doing my head in!!!...i cannto for the life of me take off from a carrier!!

ive dropped the flaps, run up to full power, but the brakes wont release

any thoughts chaps?

steve

You need to go into the controls setup and assign a key to "release chocks" :)

And make sure your aircraft isn't too heavy otherwise you'll just plummet straight into the water ;)

It's actually pretty tricky getting a heavy aircraft off a WW2 carrier.

Good to hear you've got it running ok!

In the meantime get it updated to version 4.101 using the all-in-one patch I linked to earlier.

I'll be keeping an eye out for the final version of UP3 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Downloading patch now, but I've had a look-my comp physically doesn't have enough hard drive space for the megapack :( Nevermind, at least the patch will make it run smoother :D

No word of it as yet. They said it would be about a month after the Release Candidate.

• 3 months later...

Got my Ultrapack3 running on my 5 year old PC. great that this game is still fun after all these years. i am particularly enjoying the new B-26 & P-61s that have recently been made as add on MODs. i recently downloaded a MOD that reduced the AI tailgunners accuracy from "crackshot sniper" to a more realistic level that actually allows me to shoot bombers down from behind without having my pilot automatically killed by a gunner's sidearm pistol!

The only bug i am struggling with since I installed the Ultra pack, is when i re-installed the Carrier catapult MOD. It works, but seems to launch planes in an "unstable condition" (i.e. almost imeadiately puts plane into high roll rate/torque).

Recently discovered the SolomanIslands Map in QMB, however when loading, I now have time to fetch beer/make cup-of-Tea before game launches - maybe a new PC update required??

• 2 weeks later...

I had a new PC built for me last year, set-up specifically for gaming. I had uninstalled IL2 off the old one because that PC was just getting so slow, it was a joke... and I was junking anything/everything I could to make it run faster.

When I came to re-install IL2, I bought PC Pilot magazine to check-up on the available updates as I was out-of-touch with where they were up-to. Cannot recall the exact number, but for 1946, it was the one that UBI had just released that included the SM79's, Fokker XXI's and 'Scramble' scenarios all for the first time. I then got (re)hooked onto CoD and just forgot all about it until the last month or so !!

In the last month I've played IL2 a couple of times a week, and really enjoying it all-over-again (although, I still cannot land the Mosquito !!) - I play alone, dont get involved in community playing, too many other demands on my time at home - Simply didn't realise things had moved-on so far, seem to recall in the issue of PC Pilot that featured the patch I just mentioned, they wrote that it would be the last major upgrade and anything else would be nothing more than a twek or two - Hmmmm. Looks like I'll be doing some serious downloading over the next few days !!

AFN

Ian

• 2 months later...