!7 Sqn Hawk TF3

Devilfish

By 2013 the government cutbacks to the armed forces had hit deep. Most of the RAF's frontline squadrons had been decimated. Despite this, a need for air defence was still realised. To fill the gap left by the disbanded Typhoon sqns, the MOD procurred 2 sqns of modified Hawk 100s. A variant of Blue Vixen, using an AESA antenna array was fitted up front, with front and rear displays for single or dual crew operation. Entering service in 2015 with 17 and 3 sqn, they provided supplemental local air defence for the UK.

101_6074.jpg

101_6073.jpg

101_6072.jpg

101_6071.jpg

101_6070.jpg

• Like 1

That is awesome work there Devilfish. If Hawks looked like that I wouldn`t mind the goverment cutbacks...... :D

Just one thing I would say about the pics, not the model, the mirror effect doesn`t do the model any justice IMPO and I feel a reshoot on a more `traditional` base would really bring this model out.

That is awesome work there Devilfish. If Hawks looked like that I wouldn`t mind the goverment cutbacks...... :D

Just one thing I would say about the pics, not the model, the mirror effect doesn`t do the model any justice IMPO and I feel a reshoot on a more `traditional` base would really bring this model out.

Thanks. I'm quite proud of this one.

As for the base, it was all I had available. However, I'm redoing my modelling room and plan to make sure I have space to take half decent photos...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

thats fantastic and i bet they would cut that too, i heard there scraping typhoons for bits for other typhoons, and it wouldnt suprise me if we end up with no raf at the moment, .

imho they should just build new hawker hunters and put modern weapons and systems on it, does the job,