Madness or a triumph of optimism over common sense?

OK, so this is either me getting a little optimistic, or a case of complete madness; but having succumbed to 2 recent purchases I thought this GB might be the perfect opportunity to try and get a bit more modelling done. So here we go with some box shots; these are the kits:

AirfixHawk1.jpg

RevellHawk1.jpg

As to the scheme they will be finished in? Well that's not yet fully decided but I will try and make sure that no-one else in the GB is doing the same aircraft!!

OK, so this is either me getting a little optimistic, or a case of complete madness; but having succumbed to 2 recent purchases I thought this GB might be the perfect opportunity to try and get a bit more modelling done. So here we go with some box shots; these are the kits:

AirfixHawk1.jpg

RevellHawk1.jpg

As to the scheme they will be finished in? Well that's not yet fully decided but I will try and make sure that no-one else in the GB is doing the same aircraft!!

Nice choices, good luck with them both :thumbsup:

I'm doing the black RAF one on the box of the Airfix Hawk by the way

Chris

So a little bit of progress (on the Revell kit):

Firstly the horrible red plastic of the Revell kit had to go (sorry, forgot to take pictures of it but there are plenty on t'internet), so out with the Halford's grey primer. After that the cockpit parts got a coat of Admiralty grey:

RevellHawk2.jpg

RevellHawk3.jpg

• 1 month later...

As usual I have to start with an apology:

Sorry!

It would appear that my optimism ran away with me or alternatively that time has run out. Despite having made a bit more progress on both of these kits, sadly my departure to hotter, sunnier, sandier climes means I have just run out of time to get these kits finished. I will be back in about 6 or 7 months when I will have a few weeks off so I might just be able to get these finished then.

To all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I will keep an eye on progress from afar. Keep up the good work.