Airfix Hawk

Evening all!

I'm about to install the flap tracks on my Hawk. I've decided (to speed things up) to model the aircraft with the flaps up. I remember someone pointing out that Airfix had messed this up and had you installing a couple tracks in the wrong position

Would one of you seasoned Airfix Hawk experts know what the correct callout should be?

The instructions callout:

part 65 (right wing - outboard)

part 66 (right wing - middle)

part 67 (right wing - inboard)

part 68 (left wing - outboard)

part 69 (left wing - middle)

part 70 (left wing - inboard)

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

John

Evening all!

I'm about to install the flap tracks on my Hawk. I've decided (to speed things up) to model the aircraft with the flaps up. I remember someone pointing out that Airfix had messed this up and had you installing a couple tracks in the wrong position

Would one of you seasoned Airfix Hawk experts know what the correct callout should be?

The instructions callout:

part 65 (right wing - outboard)

part 66 (right wing - middle)

part 67 (right wing - inboard)

part 68 (left wing - outboard)

part 69 (left wing - middle)

part 70 (left wing - inboard)

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

John

I found this when I dropped the flaps on mine, the numbers on the instructions and the sprues are the wrong way round.

I followed the numbers for raised flaps while installing the dropped flaps actuators . You need to do the opposite

Hope that made sense :hypnotised:

Cheers

Chris

yup!

Makes perfect sense Chris!

assuming that was the only confusing thing about the whole callout and the numbers work for inboard, middle, and outboard I'll press ahead!

Thanks for your help!

Cheers!

John

Ah!

Gotcha!

As I'm building this flaps up, I'm not worried about the spacing issue that you pointed out

However, I have several other Hawks which I plan on building flaps down and the reminder/reference will be a valuable resource

Thanks for that

EDIT: I was looking through the Air Data 1 "BAe Systems Hawk" book and happened to come across a photo of a Canadian CT-155 (pg 48). There is a photo of the trailing edge of the left wing. Naturally, you can see the flap and you can see that the inner flap is the same length as the regular flap! I started looking at other 100 series Hawks and it appears that they too have a full span inner flap! So, it is not true that the inner flap is shorter in span than the trailing edge flap on all Hawks Mark, just the advanced 100 series.

Cheers!

John

Edited by kstater94