'Black' Helo in Osama raid

Ade

Interesting photo indeed. I wonder what a non-crashed version looks like. Certainly the US has been keeping this machine under wraps, I've not seen a blackhawk with a tail like that.

The empennage on the plan-view drawing looks spot on. I'm not so sure about the 'Silent Hawk', the tail-cone's far too small to my eye...

Amazing what people can create in 24 hrs. :speak_cool: It'd take me longer than that to scrawl stick-figures on a bit of bog-roll!!

Edited by Arie

The stealthiness of the airframe being ruined by the grunts hanging out of the sides.

I guess we'll see this spec ops beastie in due course - and 12 minutes later we'll then see a kit in 1:48 from China.

The stealthiness of the airframe being ruined by the grunts hanging out of the sides.

I guess we'll see this spec ops beastie in due course - and 12 minutes later we'll then see a kit in 1:48 from China.

hmmm...dare i say it already looks like a Trumpy mh-60?..we all know they have a strange penchant for getting back ends wrong :hobbyhorse:

...fetching my :coat:

great artwork by the way!!!!

steve

Very cool this is, it reminds me a lot of the old F-19 Stealth Fighter questions and what ifs that were going around before the F-117 was unveiled to the public.

I have my doubts about the lumps, bumps, refueling probe and external armament hang off the image in magman2's post as this would kind of destroy the stealhiness of the bird.

Cheers

There's only so much you can do to stealthify a Helo (huge rotating apparatus on the top, plus the thing spends nearly all it;s time down in the ground clutter anyway)- my personal feeling as that any mods will have been aimed at making the thing quiet and suppressing the IR signature, as that's probably where the most benefit is.

There's only so much you can do to stealthify a Helo (huge rotating apparatus on the top, plus the thing spends nearly all it;s time down in the ground clutter anyway)- my personal feeling as that any mods will have been aimed at making the thing quiet and suppressing the IR signature, as that's probably where the most benefit is.

I'd go with that... and use of composites would hopefully decrease the all-up weight of the airframe, allowing it to either carry more, or get higher with the same load.