Yet Another Airfix RNLI Lifeboat Build

davecov

I have been following in the wake of John and Rich's Lifeboat builds, as it were, and only now have I the time to get round to posting progress of my build on here. Despite outrageous allegations to the contrary, I am building a bog-standard Airfix Lifeboat purchased from Hannants with my own money and not a self-building "special" that found it's way to my house from Margate.

First step, the hull, which with a bit of lateral thinking, can be assembled with virtually no filler.

Bow thruster was painted with Tamiya X-11 Chrome Silver and glued in place. In retrospect, I would suggest leaving the painting of the bow thruster silver until after the hull has been painted. I found that the hull sides were pushing in on the thrusters so making it hard for them to fit snugly. I didn't want to bend the hull out of shape so I left the small gap as it was and applied some filler:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_002_500.jpg

Seen from the outside:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_003_500.jpg

Next step was the glueing of the hull parts. To get a good fit, do not glue the hull sides (parts 1 & 2) or the transom (part 4) to the keel (part 3). First of all, glue the hull sides at the bow and leave to dry:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_004_500.jpg

When the bow has dried, glue the transom to the hull sides:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_005_500.jpg

As I often do with ships and boats, for added strength, I glued a couple of pieces of plastic card inside the join at the stern. They are not really necessary but I can be a bit heavy-handed when I get sanding. As it turned out, I needn't have bothered:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_006_500.jpg

...and the bow:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_007_500.jpg

Next, I glued the deck to the hull sides. View of stern:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_008_500.jpg

Midships:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_009_500.jpg

Forward:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_010_500.jpg

Then I glued the keel (part 3) to the hull sides:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_011_500.jpg

View of stern showing step at join which will need to be removed. In retrospect, I should have sanded it down before final fitting:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_012_500.jpg

View of stern from above. Note the smooth joins and absence of filler:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_013_500.jpg

Hull and hull sides join at the bow:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_015_500.jpg

Hull and hull sides join amidships:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_017_500.jpg

Hull and hull sides joins at the stern:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_014_500.jpg

View from head on:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_016_500.jpg

Note, that apart from some filler around the bow thrusters, I haven't used any in any other location apart from one tiny area where the keel had broken off the sprue. X marks the spot!:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_031_500.jpg

The sanding of the transom was much easier than expected and didn't require any filler. You can just make out the line of the join which will disappear once primer has been applied:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_018_500.jpg

Turning the hull over, you can see that I have fitted the prop shafts and prop shaft 'A' frame brackets. Props won't be fitted until after the hull has been painted:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_019_500.jpg

Next step will be to assemble the superstructure.

Dave

• Like 1

Now, as promised, a start on the superstructure.

I glued parts 43, 44 and 45 together first as it is very important to get these at the right angle. Get these wrong, and the whole of the front section will be impossible to join up correctly with no gaps. They were then taped to the side bulkheads to maintain the angles and left to dry:

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_020_500.jpg

I then taped the deckhead and checked for fit:

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_021_500.jpg

As you can see, it fits pretty well with no overhang:

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_022_500.jpg

And the whole lot comes off:

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_023_500.jpg

Here I have glued the exterior pieces together. They have gone together quite well:

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_024_500.jpg

Once again, no filler applied yet but I need to sort out a problem where some liquid poly seeped under the tape in a couple of areas and has damaged the plastic. A bit of scraping and sanding should put that right:

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_025_500.jpg

Here I have glued the front screen (124) of the upper bridge/steering position to the instrument panel (116) which in turn was glued to part 133 (unseen). The assembly is now shown dry fitted in place. The two side screens were dry-fitted just to make sure that the other parts were glued at the right angle to each other:

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_029_500.jpg

Oh dear! I've used some filler again. This time on the ejector pin marks on the framing that I have glued onto the cabin deckhead. The framing is supposed to sit on the side framing but I wanted the superstructure removable, hence glueing it to the deckhead. Also visible are a couple of marks on the side which have since been removed:

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_026_500.jpg

Next I will dry-fitting the other framing and interior parts to see what surgery may be necessary in order to allow the superstructure to be removable.

Dave

• Like 2

No Dave, I'm sorry... you must have photoshopped those pictures to remove all the filler, or they DID give you a special "pre-radiator" version of the kit :rofl:

Tell you what old son... this would well be made into a pinned "How to build an Airfix Lifeboat Properly" thread, if you keep on building it this well :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Hmmmm very interesting construction method.

Basically this is a pretty nice kit from Airfix, I truly can't see what all the fuss is about. Why did you glue the top of the inner "framework" to the roof of the superstructure- I'm getting toward this stge wit hmine. Just interested...

Great pics BTW.

Hmmmm very interesting construction method.

Basically this is a pretty nice kit from Airfix, I truly can't see what all the fuss is about. Why did you glue the top of the inner "framework" to the roof of the superstructure- I'm getting toward this stge wit hmine. Just interested...

Great pics BTW.

I am making the superstructure removable and didn't want the top part of the framing from obscuring the interior detail. BTW, if you are making it conventionally, you might as well remove the two pins from the top of the framing as they can be a pain to line up with the holes in the deckhead.

And I agree about it being a nice kit, I haven't sworn at it once yet! :D

Dave

I am making the superstructure removable and didn't want the top part of the framing from obscuring the interior detail. BTW, if you are making it conventionally, you might as well remove the two pins from the top of the framing as they can be a pain to line up with the holes in the deckhead.

And I agree about it being a nice kit, I haven't sworn at it once yet! :D

Dave

Oh- so the superstructure is designed to be lifted off then...? :shocked:

God I'm so derrrr

Mentalguru said:
Oh- so the superstructure is designed to be lifted off then...? :shocked:

God I'm so derrrr

No, it isn't designed to be removable at all, Mental, I'm just making it that way. I just couldn't see the point is making a nicely detailed interior and then bunging the roof on so you can't see it. Leaping forward a lot:

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_073_500.jpg

Seems much better to be able to look inside! You can see why I glued the framing onto the deckhead (roof).

Dave

• Like 1

I continued the dry-fitting of parts bearing in mind the top will be removable. Here I have tested out the various bulkheads and the framing either side. You may recall that the top part of the framing (part 92) was fitted to the deckhead and not to the two other parts (parts 49 and 50) to allow a better view of the interior. I found that the small bulkhead (part 28) needs to have it's locating pins removed to fit flush to the hatch coaming:

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_027_500.jpg

Another view::

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_028_500.jpg

Overview of what has been done (or not) so far. Remember everything above the main deck and cabin haven't been glued down yet:

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_030_500.jpg

Rear Decks

Next step is to turn my attention to the two rear decks (parts 96 and 103). In order for these to be removable I cut the rear bulkheads (parts 95 and 101) at the point where they turn outboard through 90 degrees:

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_034_500.jpg

Then I glued the pieces to parts 96, 97, 102 and 103:

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_035_500.jpg

Now they are being trimmed for fit. Note that they will not be glued to the deck but will be glued to the removable superstructure once I have done a bit more tweaking:

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_036_500.jpg

Tweaking over with, I have now fitted the two rear decks to the superstructure:

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_040_500.jpg

Which means that the whole superstructure can now come off quite easily:

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_041_500.jpg

You will have noticed that I have painted two strips of H18 Gloss Orange along each side of the deck where the framing goes. I also applied the first of two coats of H18 Gloss Orange to the recesses in the external sides of the framing and painted the six vents (parts 52-52E) that fit into the recesses:

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_032_500.jpg

I spent some time getting the rest of the components off the sprues and ready for painting. I have left the tiniest parts on sprues so that they don't get lost. I also gave the rear bulkhead and sections of the crane a first coat of H18 Orange:

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_037_500.jpg

Note how the colour of the orange in the picture below differs from the picture above due to the different backgrounds. Changes in surrounding lighting conditions alters the colour quite a lot too and the actual colour in daylight can look just right, too dark, too light, too red, too pale and God knows what else. Under artificial light it changes again:

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_039_500.jpg

Next stage will be to start painting the interior pieces.

Dave

• Like 2

I have just realised that I never completed this build thread. Unfortunately, real-life got in the way (splitting from wife and moving to Scotland) and it was shelved for four years. However, I did finish it and when I get a moment I will post the rest of the build here.

Dave

Railings, aerials, handles and other bits!  Some of these are quite fragile but as long as you aren't clumsy and proceed with care, you can get them all off the sprues without breaking any:

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_038_500.jpg

I have now fitted the two rear decks to the superstructure:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_040_500.jpg

Which means that the whole superstructure can now come off quite easily:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_041_500.jpg

Got to work painting some of the interior parts and they are shown dry-fitted in place.  I still have to do the white and grey.  I also painted the deck within the cabin area H27 Matt Sea Grey.  BTW, the small bulkhead that fits to the side of the hatch coaming has an ejector pin mark at the top which you can just see in the picture and which has since been filled:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_042_500.jpg

Here it is from opposite view without the framing.  I glued the window into the engine room hatch and painted it black. I also painted the bottom of the hatch coaming black too although this is something that appears on some lifeboats in differing widths but not others.  Extinguishers were painted gloss red with bronze fittings. Retaining straps will be painted white.
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_043_500.jpg

Handrails have been glued to the sides of the superstructure and to the rear of the two small decks aft.  The flying bridge has been glued in place now and I painted the grill (part 117 - not shown in picture) H27 Matt Sea Grey and painted the deck along the port side the same colour. BTW, the instructions say to paint the instrument panel (part 116) black but from looking at photos of the real thing, I believe it should have an orange background with the instruments in varying colours:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_044_500.jpg

Another view of the flying bridge glued in place. I have also dry-fitted the two supports for the mast:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_045_500.jpg

One final thing that I did was to paint the black rubbing strake along the hull.

Had a session with the H27 Matt Sea Grey tonight.  I had only intended to paint the whole of the flying bridge deck...:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_046_500.jpg

...but as I was in the mood, I gave the rest of the main deck it's first coat too:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_048_500.jpg

I won't be doing any more until next week now.  So, until then here are some more shots showing far I have got:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_049_500.jpg

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_051_500.jpg

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_050_500.jpg

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_052_500.jpg

Thats all for now.

Dave

• Like 2

Finally got round to some post-Telford work on the Lifeboat. There were sink holes on the ventilation intakes at the forward, lower, end of the superstructure each side. No panic - just filled and sanded smooth. Not much else done though, I just applied a second coat of H27 to the decks and other H27 parts:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_053_500.jpg

I also thought I would see how it looks on the base I bought at SMW. Having used Mark I eyeball to judge the length, I got it just right - I didn't even need the ATF Measuring Stick (a Bic Pen) that was in regular use at the show:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_054_500.jpg

As you can see the hull and superstructure are still bare plastic but I hope to make progress on those next week. Before then, I want to continue on the interior.

I've just applied the first coat of H18 Gloss Orange to the superstructure:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_055_500.jpg

Note that the demarcation between the orange and the still-to-be-painted blue on the superstructure is stepped and not a continuous straight line:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_056_500.jpg

It's still wet in these pictures but it will be interesting to see it in daylight when dry as it changes according to lighting conditions.

Just had a look at the lifeboat superstructure in daylight:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_057_500.jpg

It looks pretty good but I did miss a small area where liquid poly had got trapped under tape and damaged the plastic (the horizontal line circled) next to the join. I had given it a sand prior to painting but obviously not good enough. Soon be sorted out.

Here is a view of the stern:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_059_500.jpg

BTW, before painting, just to make sure I didn't have gaps, I held it up to daylight just to check for huge holes. As it turned out, there were no gaps and so no filler was required at all:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_058_500.jpg

Following John's (Walker) example, I've just given the transom an undercoat of H25 Matt Blue which will then be followed by two coats of H15 Gloss Midnight Blue. I haven't done the rest of the hull as I wanted to see how it looks first at the stern:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_060_500.jpg

First coat of H15 now applied:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_061_500.jpg

Lots of odds and ends done today.  First of all, the transom got a second coat of H15 Midnight Blue. I'm quite happy with how it turned out and will be using the same combination of H25 Matt Blue undercoat and H15 top coat for the rest of the hull:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_062_500.jpg

Bulkhead fitted at rear of wheelhouse. I also glued the bench in place. The particular lifeboat pictures I have seen, show a strip of wood beneath the cushion of the bench:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_064_500.jpg

Seats glued in place. Harnesses painted in H27. I tried to paint them in a haphazard or random way but I think I failed! The rear bulkhead is dry-fitted at this stage to ensure aft seat is in correct position:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_067_500.jpg

Here I have painted a couple of junction boxes green on the port bulkhead and the steering position has received some attention. I may look for some suitable decals to add a bit more detail to the various pieces of equipment:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_069_500.jpg

Another view with the framing and rear bulkheads in place:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_072_500.jpg

Liferafts were given red strapping:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_063_500.jpg

Bulkheads for flying bridge checked for fit before painting both sides:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_065_500.jpg

Shot showing progress of hull, interior and superstructure. Orange still needs second coat on superstructure but orange on rear decks has been completed:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_073_500.jpg

The interior is now almost finished.  Next step will be to complete the superstructure, including the glazing.

Thats all for now.

Dave

• Like 3

A tiny bit of work this evening as I painted the toe rails light grey:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_074_500.jpg

Made more progress on the superstructure today, applying the second coat of orange.  I also picked out some of the instruments on the flying bridge with black. Next step will be to add some detailing to the black:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_075_500.jpg

I assembled the dinghy and added a piece of plastic card at the stern to raise the level of the transom so that it was in line with the top of the dinghy.  I also added a steering arm to the outboard:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_076_500.jpg

Here is the outboard after painting. I gave the propeller disk some snips with sprue cutters to represent blades.  Also in the shot is the steering position which is almost complete - and you can just make out ATF on the screen of the navigation computer! Since taking that picture, the wheel has been fitted:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_077_500.jpg

I have since painted the lifebelts, vents, and fire hydrants and given a second coat to the other orange parts of the flying bridge still to be fitted.

I've just done a test paint of H60 Matt Scarlet on the stern:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_078_500.jpg

It has come out quite well but I think the white line that I painted is a bit thick and slightly curved at the ends which is accentuated by the contour of the transom if not looked at head on. It should be easy to fix though and I will use the same three colour combination (H15 Midnight Blue, H60 Matt Scarlet and H34 Acrylic Matt White) for the rest of the hull.

I corrected the white line on the transom and began the painting of the hull in earnest.  The first coat of H60 on the keel was painted first:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_079_500.jpg

Followed by the rest of the hull under the waterline:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_080_500.jpg

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_081_500.jpg

Colours are not quite as bright as shown which is due to the flash.

In the cold light of day, the H60 was a bit bright and so I applied a coat of H19 Gloss Bright Red which has a bit more "body" and which so happens to be that recommended in the instructions:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_083_500.jpg

Another view. I have to touch up the blue slightly where it was removed by masking tape:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_082_500.jpg

One thing I have noticed with different lifeboats is that the white boot topping is not always in the same position. Some have the white line go across the four outlets either side of the hull (which you can just make out in the lower picture) whilst others have the white line beneath them. Unfortunately, the outlets as moulded seem to be at the wrong angle as it is impossible to get a white line to go across them (as shown in the picture of the lifeboat I am building) without the line being out of position.  Because of this, they will be within the dark blue section.

More progress on the hull where I have painted an undercoat of H25 Matt Blue. At the bow, the red had been too high up and so I have corrected it with the blue. This will mean a slight correction to the white boot topping too:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_084_500.jpg

I also put a coat of H25 on the lower superstructure.  Note that it should not be perfectly horizontal but is stepped where it passes under the openings in the superstructure:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_085_500.jpg

Tonight I have put a coat of H15 Midnight Blue on the hull and superstructure sides:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_086_500.jpg

It will get another coat either tomorrow or the day after. Still a long way to go though with lots of odds and ends to fit including the windows and last of all the railings. I would imagine at least two weeks before completion.

Thats all for now.

Dave

• Like 3

I had intended to paint the hull sides and superstructure with a second coat of H15. I did the superstructure but decided to leave the hull until the weekend. Instead, I fixed the props and the various parts to the stern:  
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_087_500.jpg

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_088_500.jpg

The hull sides will get their second coat of H15 over the weekend.

More progress yesterday.  Second coat applied to the H15 Midnight Blue on hull, dinghy partially painted - found the right combination at last, H27 on deck touched up, window framing done, white applied to wiper motors, boathooks picked out with white:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_089_500.jpg

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_090_500.jpg

Unfortunately, with my den in chaos still, I haven't been able to do any modelling. However, I have done a little bit on the dinghy though. The deck has been painted black as has the strip around the outside.  In this shot, you can see a bit more clearly where I had raised the stern with plastic card (brown).:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_092_500.jpg

Next step will be to add extra boxes, bags and other bumph along with some slings used for lifting.  The real thing also has quite a few black fittings which I will replicate either with black paint or black decals.

What with leaving this model to build kits for Airfix, moving house twice and a two and a half year Sabbatical from modelling I never got round to finishing this Lifeboat! It's been over three and a half years since I did any work on this thing!

A rather bruised and battered Lifeboat:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_093.JPG

Needs some TLC:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_094.JPG

Most of the bits have been painted:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_095.JPG

Hopefully, I can repaint some of this build and finally get it finished as I now have another Lifeboat on the stocks to be made as a "what-if".

Although there are decals for the boot-topping line, they are too transluscent to be of much use and so I am painting the line with H130 Satin White. The transom had already been done earlier in assembly:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_096.JPG

I also masked off around the deck so that I could repaint the gunwhales in H33 Matt Black:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_097.JPG

Whilst I had the black paint out, I repainted various bits and bobs:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_098.JPG

And again...
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_099.JPG

Up on the bridge I had to bend the black supports back to their normal upright position and gave them a coat of black too. I also repainted the black details on the console and the white wiper "boxes" above the bridge windows:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_100.JPG

I noticed that the boot topping line hadn't been painted straight and veered up where the hull sections joined. Don't know how I managed it but I missed the moulded waterline by miles! Here the new line has been painted:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_101.JPG

Another view. Much better:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_102.JPG

View from the side. I need to tidy up some "thumb damage" to the waterline now :
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_103.JPG

I fitted all of the internals (once again):
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_104.JPG

And started to fit the guard rails:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_105.JPG

I fitted the windows inside the superstructure and added more guard rails around the bridge area. I also fitted the crane:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_106.JPG

Thats all for now.

Dave

• Like 3

When I originally started this build all those years ago, I was going to keep the superstructure detachable so that the interior could be seen. However, many of the components are too damaged after years of being squashed in a box. So, I have decided to rip out the internals and glue the superstructure in place:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_107.JPG

I am making another lifeboat at the moment as a "what-if" so that may have a detachable superstructure as it is a real shame to hide the detailed interior.

Handrails aft of Bridge area painted H130 Satin White:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_108.JPG

Centre section of stern railings fitted:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_109.JPG

Forward railings painted H33 Matt Black. Bollards were also fitted and painted H130 Satin White:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_110.JPG

Mast and radar assembly glued and painted:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_111.JPG

More progress yesterday. The mast and dinghy have been glued in place:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_112.JPG

Another view:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_114.JPG

I also fitted the midships and stern railings and also fitted the aerials:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_115.JPG

Railings were then painted:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_116.JPG

Since taking the photos, I have repainted quite a bit of the orange as it has taken a battering over the years. I have to repaint the window surrounds too as they have also suffered from years of neglect stuffed in a box! Only a few odds and ends to fit now and then I can apply the decals.

Aerials fitted and Flying Bridge windows fitted:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_117.JPG

Liferafts and lifebelts fitted:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_118.JPG

Almost completed now with a couple of tiny parts still to fit:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_119.JPG

Thats all for now.

Dave

• Like 1

Final pieces fitted in place:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_120.JPG

All that remains now is the decalling:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_121.JPG

First step in the decalling was to rig the Red Ensign:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_122.JPG

I wrapped the flag around the foil and in the process sandwiched the thread in place:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_123.JPG

Trimmed and ready to fit to the Yardarm:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_124.JPG

Ensign fitted and rest of decals applied:
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_125.JPG

Finally finished!
RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_126.JPG

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_127.JPG

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_128.JPG

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_129.JPG

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_130.JPG

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_131.JPG

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_132.JPG

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_133.JPG

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_134.JPG

RNLI_Lifeboat_GB_135.JPG

N.B. I have been looking back at this build in the hard light of day in 2020. This build has always had a special place in my heart for many reasons but mainly because I managed to build an "unbuildable" kit during a time that Airfix were getting a lot of flak and it was only three years after I had resumed modelling after a break of 27 years!

It has remained on display in my living room or display case ever since I finished it but I am hoping to build a better one now that my modelling skills have improved over the years. Whether I will have the same attachment to the next build as I do to this one is doubtful - assuming that the next one doesn't actually turn out to be "unbuildable".

That is all

Dave

• Like 3

That was some epic @davecov. Your work does the kit justice. Great job.

I really enjoyed building mine, no way is it 'unbuildable' in my opinion.

Cheers, and all the best for your next build of it,

Ray

• Thanks 1