the AA decals that come with this kit are the standard colours

AA's retro scheme is very different

Rich they are the same decals I was selling from this kit

9382e7f0.jpg

ok - the box art in cuprar's post shows the standard AA scheme tho'

oh...and if you dont like and dont want the retro decals, I'll happily take them off you :)

• 1 month later...

steve says he'll send me the sheet from his kit so I'm happy now

nobody needs to die....

Hello Madaboutmodels, I love your 757, you've got the colours just right and clearly have talent and enthusiasm.

In the spirit of helping, I can see a fairly easy tip to help get the 'line' like the pale blue even crisper.

There is nothing better for this than Tamiya masking tape, although it is expensive at about a fiver a roll.

I buy the 10mm wide stuff and cut a length of it in 2 to double the use I get. I also use a self healing cutting mat (about 3 quid from places like 'The Works' and a steel ruler (a couple of quid from places like B&Q).

Lay out a length for the fuelage on the mat, and slice it in 2. I've got some pics from my WW1 bristol fighter to show what I mean;

F2B1.jpg

Apply it to the model, getting it straight by eye. Just run a finger along it to bed it down. If I need extra tape protection, I use a bit of normal household masking tape on it but leave the Tamiya stuff 'clear' for the edge.

Paint the model, and when done peel all the tape off as soon as you are done. Dont wait for it to dry, as dried paint will 'rip' as you lift the tape and spoil the nice edging.

Doing this you can get lovely straight crisp edges. Again I have a pic from my Bristol fighter with checker finish. All the black squares done on a white painted wing. I use an airbrush, but careful brush painting can get nearly as good a result.

F2B9.jpg

Sorry I haven't got any airliner pics with masking, but I do WW1 as well so thats what I have pics of!

I hope this gives you the idea, It's the one thing I learned that really helps get nice staright lines.

Keep modelling, we need young enthusiasts like yourself coming in to the hobby and you are doing a great job so I'd like to encourage you!

Cheers,

John

decal sheet arrived this am....and the postie did bend the envelope to put them through the letterbox...

if I'd caught him doing it he would have gone to the great sorting office in the sky there and then.

I might be small but I have been known to be dangerous when annoyed.......

A******e.

Fortunately no damage to the sheet

ty steve:)