Dragon 1/32 Bf109E-4, at last some progress!

turnerdad

• 3 weeks later...

I need to get this finished, so I'm going to try and get it painted quickly, therefore I've decided to pre-shade it and economise on the weathering. This was only supposed to be a quick build anyway, but it has not been as smooth a build or as good a kit as I had hoped so I want rid, but still want to produce something decent. There we go...

Bf109Preshade0001DSC_0135.jpg

Bf109Preshade0002DSC_0138.jpg

Loving this work Nick. You do the neatest pre-shade I ever saw :worthy:

Except my Harder & Steenbeck airbrush "exploded" on me and covered me in black paint, I'm all spotty now. My fault, I hadn't screwed the nozzle on properly, me bad. Luckily it missed the model (well mostly)!

Thanks for the nice comment James.

Looking fantastic as ever Nick, I'll look forward to your next build, any thoughts yet?

I'll be spending the next few days finishing a 1/48 Tamiya Lanc and Hasegawa Spit, then got a few days to get this Emil finished, as I'm then embarking on a comprehensive build of the new Tamiya Mustang for MIS, and I have to clear my desk for that as I should be getting it next week sometime. I cannot wait, not everyones cup of tea, but it is certainly mine!

Looking fantastic as ever Nick, I'll look forward to your next build, any thoughts yet?

The kit's arrived mate - I'll get it in the post today. Your gonna love it..!

Spence :)

Edited by Spence

Nearly finished painting, just got the interior green colour/wheel wells etc to paint. The Dragon paint guide is useless, no right side image and the left is a bit odd, so I've used the box art as my main source, but also the instructions and some online builds. Seems to be a solid "squiggle" pattern, and this is only representative really, there seem to have been so many different field applied schemes and I couldn't find any decent shots of the actual aircraft anyway, but no doubt it could be pulled apart by the experten, I'm out of my comfort zone with Luftwaffe schemes but I don't care really, time to get this finished for better or worse. Judging by the box images it should all settle down and harmonise with the decals and weathering. Honest...

Bf109Painted0002DSC_0219.jpg

Bf109Painted0001DSC_0217.jpg

Cheers all, but progress on EVERYTHING has stopped for a few days while I am having a new big workshop to replace my old teeny tiny one. Joy. Hopefully I will be back on things next thursday.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

After the Mustang build and a long summer spent mostly on a canal boat with no possibility of modelling, I'm finally back doing what I enjoy most, namely building models (actually it's my second favourite pastime...). Going to get it ready for Telford, I'm going both days so going to have some fun unless I get run over or something before hand.

I've started the weathering process, done most of the right wing and some of the fuselage, mostly around the cockpit and engine areas. I've also made a good start on the undersides. I'm running 3 airbrushes with various stuff in each but having a pain with the air lines as I've let my setup fall into some disorder so I'm going to have to upgrade soon, but I'm OK for now, it's just a pain. Also trying to get to grips with the new look website, I'll get used to it!

Me109E40001.jpg

Me109E40002.jpg

Me109E40002_1.jpg

Me109E40001_1.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...