WNW Albatros DV 'Rumeys Devil'

T-Tango

Afternoon all;

Latest update, not much, just sprayed the base colour for the wood, plus I've made a seat cushion from filler.

dev07.jpg

dev08.jpg

Thats all for now.

Cheers

Pete von Builderofkaiserkites spandau.gif

Thanks for the info,

I had some filler mixed up earlier on in the week so filled them all which will save me doing it later but also means I've done more than I needed to.

It's looking good so far. I like the idea of painting the bulkheads on the sprue. it will be eaiser than doing them individually.

Regards,

Mark

Thanks for the info,

I had some filler mixed up earlier on in the week so filled them all which will save me doing it later but also means I've done more than I needed to.

It's looking good so far. I like the idea of painting the bulkheads on the sprue. it will be eaiser than doing them individually.

Regards,

Mark

Hi Mark;

Go very careful with the bulkheads when you cut them out as one or two of them are a bit thin and can easily break, also be careful how you fit them in the fusilage, if they are just a little bit out then your two fusilage halves won't fit together properly, you will notice that on the sprue one of the bulkheads, the one with the 'T' shape cutout is not painted, this is because it is Clear Doped Linen NOT wood. HTH.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Mark;

Go very careful with the bulkheads when you cut them out as one or two of them are a bit thin and can easily break, also be careful how you fit them in the fusilage, if they are just a little bit out then your two fusilage halves won't fit together properly, you will notice that on the sprue one of the bulkheads, the one with the 'T' shape cutout is not painted, this is because it is Clear Doped Linen NOT wood. HTH.

Pete

I hope your Albatros is making good progress. I've now started my D.Va and am making good progress.

Thanks for the tip about the rear bulkhead being clear doped linen. I would have painted it wood for sure as it is in the instructions as wood.

Afternoon all, salutations from the Western Front, HQ Jasta 5, latest update on our Fritz's Devil.

dev09.jpg

dev10.jpg

dev11.jpg

dev12.jpg

dev13.jpg

As usual any comments gratefully received.

I think that's most of the internal work done, so on with the construction.

Cheers me dears.

Pete von Letthedevilbebuilt. spandau.gif

Morning all;

Latest update, fusilage construction under way, the worst of it is done and the 2 fusilage halves still fit together ok.

dev14.jpg

Comments as always gratefully received.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers me dears.

Pete.

Coming along nicely Pete, is this your third albie. I've only done one but there are so many fantastic schemes I don't think I'd ever get bored if I just did this plane for the rest of my life and this one is a good looking scheme.

So far I've done 1 DVa and this is my second DV, but I have to agree with you about all the different colour schemes, in fact you could probably build a complete Jasta if you could get all the decals, however I think that the decals on this beast are gonna be a real challenge. :hypnotised:

Cheers

Pete.

......................, however I think that the decals on this beast are gonna be a real challenge. :hypnotised:

Cheers

Pete.

I bloomin well hope not!! Deep breathing and a REALLY good gloss finish should see you OK - oh and maybe a passing glance at the instructions?? Any issues, you know where I am.

Good luck, Pete, looking really good!

Rowan

Coming along nicely Pete,

Looks like you're almost ready to close her up.

Good luck with the decals when you eventually get to that stage.

Regards,

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Morning all;

Salutations from the Western Front, well our Fritzy boys DV progresses, the fusilage is joined up and the wings are decalled up, they were quite a bit of work, but not as bad as I at first feared, once again our Rowans decals were superb.

Just a picture of the wings.

dev15.jpg

Now on to the fusilage.

As usual any comments gratefully received.

Thanks for looking and the comments so far.

Cheers me dears.

Pete von Builderofkaiserkites.

Edited by T-Tango

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon all;

Salutations from the Western Front, I decided to go for the 'Full Monty', so after mammoth decal sessions with our Rowans superb decals, these were the most comprehensive decals I've ever done in my life, but I'm very happy with the way they have turned out.

What do you think of it so far ...............................................................'Rubbish'

The latest update pics.

dev16.jpg

dev17.jpg

As usual all comments gratefully received.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers me dears.

Pete von Builderofkolourfulkaiserkites. spandau.gif

Hi Pete nice job, time consuming i'd imagine

I assume you base coated the white and then applied the green squares. Will you be toning down the decals to get some of the shine off them

Gary

Hi Gary,

Yep the decals were very time consuming, actually the base coat is pale grey and the decals are clear squares and green squares, from the cockpit aft they are one complete block for each side, with the 'Devil' head as a separate decal, but from the rear end of the cockpit foreward the decals are in vertical strips of single width clear and green squares. The fusilage is just coated in Klear at the moment but I will be spraying it with a coat of varnish to take the shine off of it when it is finished.

Cheers

Pete

Hey Pete nice build up to now m8 The devil thingy does bear a very striking resemblance to gorilgabe doesnt it?I am anxiously waiting for the rigging part as that is what puts me off the ww1 stuff at the moment.

Hey Pete nice build up to now m8 The devil thingy does bear a very striking resemblance to gorilgabe doesnt it?I am anxiously waiting for the rigging part as that is what puts me off the ww1 stuff at the moment.

Don't be put off by the rigging m8, if you take it slowly and get in to a steady rhythm you suddenly realise it's done before you know it.