WNW Albatros DV 'Rumeys Devil'

T-Tango

Salutations from the Western Front, the next project is about to start, I've finally plucked up the courage to have a go at 'Ltn. Fritz Rumeys Devil', Jasta 5, mid 1917.

First up, the basic WNW Albatros DV kit.

dev01.jpg

With Rowan Broadbent's (Pheon Models) exceptional decals.

dev02.jpg

With Tigermodels resin exhaust.

Battlefield seat belts.

And Master-Model Spandau machine guns.

dev03.jpg

Wish me luck guys, I'll try to do the old girl justice.

Cheers me dears.

Pete von Builderofkaiserkites. spandau.gif

Edited by T-Tango

Pete,

wow, great scheme. Will you go for full or partial checks? Those seatbelts look fiddly, I'll be interested to see how they come out.

I've got that very same kit lined up to build, after my Pfalz which I've just started.

John

Hi John, I really don't if I'll go for the full scheme or not, I think I'll wait and see how I get on with the decals.

Cheers Bob me ol' mate, but don't look to closely, I'm bound to mess something up.

Cheers

Pete

Just a small update from the Western Front, engine parts prepared for a trip to the paint shop to have some colour slapped on.

dev04.jpg

Cheers me dears.

Pete von Builderofkaiserkites. spandau.gif

Since I am doing this one at the moment (can't do a build report it's an IPMS Holland review build for their magazine) I 'll be watiching it with great interest. This Albie has got a lot of very thin parts to reckon with. My impression was that the plastic could be more brittle, but I asked the giys at WNW and they saud the parts simpley are thinner (so it's my own clumsiness).

Good luck and cheers, Nico

Since I am doing this one at the moment (can't do a build report it's an IPMS Holland review build for their magazine) I 'll be watiching it with great interest. This Albie has got a lot of very thin parts to reckon with. My impression was that the plastic could be more brittle, but I asked the giys at WNW and they saud the parts simpley are thinner (so it's my own clumsiness).

Good luck and cheers, Nico

Yes Nico, I know how thin some of the parts are having already built a WNW DV and DVa, you really have to be very careful, plus you have to be very careful with the fit of the 8 fusilage bulkheads or the 2 fusilage halves wont fit together properly.

Pete

If I would do another one (very unlikely the coming years, seeing what WNW already released and what they intend to release) I would replace some parts with steel rod examples. I am lucky I got a few extra decalsets with my example, so I will be doing one of those "Wooden Wonders" examples. (Vfw Bansmer's one with headrest).

Cheers, Nico

Watching this with great interest Pete, and having seen your previous builds I'm sure it will be superb.

Best

Chris

The Devil has a frightening resemblance to ZimBob……………… How apt!

Looking forward to this build judging the quality on the last few you finished.

The Devil has a frightening resemblance to ZimBob……………… How apt!

Looking forward to this build judging the quality on the last few you finished.

Thanks mate.

Pete

Evening all;

Salutations from the Western Front, the engine is finished, just needs a quick gunge up, so I thought I would post a quick update.

dev05.jpg

dev06.jpg

As usual any comments gratefully received.

Cheers me dears.

Pete von Builderofkaiserkites spandau.gif

That engine is looking really good. I have an Albatros D.Va and WNW's Black Beauties decal sheet so will be following with interest.

As you've built a couple of these I was wondering if the ejector pin marks on the inside of the fuselage are noticable once the two halves are joined together and everything is in place?

Thanks for the comments guys.

As you've built a couple of these I was wondering if the ejector pin marks on the inside of the fuselage are noticable once the two halves are joined together and everything is in place?

Only the ones in the actual cockpit cutout, as far forward as the instrument panel.

Edited by T-Tango