Focke Wulf Fw 189 A2 (1:48)

This Great Wall Hobby's new kit in 1:48, built pretty close to OOB, but for some scratch-building in the cockpit area. It's a great kit with some funny build sequences, but don't let those frighten you off ;)

complete2.jpg

complete3.jpg

complete4.jpg

complete5.jpg

complete6.jpg

The full build can be found here if you're interested :)

Review sample courtesy of

logo.jpg

• Like 29

Mike

Are you sure the codes are the right way round on the stbd boom? Luftwaffe stuff reads the same both side as far as I remember.

W

At times I just blithely followed the instructions, which show the codes thusly, and the underside crosses lining up with the leading edge. Having looked at some refs since decaling, it looks like the majority of the underside crosses were lined up with the trailing edge, although a few pics could have been lined up with the front , so I'm not going to dig 'em out and check now... it's too late by far :)

A great looking model, but I wouldn't fancy tackling the masking for that glazing.

If you're not fond of masking, there's a set of pre-cut masks in the box, but I still made my own because I preferred to cut them to fit exactly :)

Looks very impressive Mike - and what a brave choice of subject by GWH...

They're quite left-field overall, and that's to be applauded :)

If you're not fond of masking, there's a set of pre-cut masks in the box, but I still made my own because I preferred to cut them to fit exactly :)

You've made me feel like a very lazy modeller now - I think I would have taken the easy route!

Cheers guys :)

beautiful build and as stated a very enjoyable wip, will you be picking up the night fighter version to go with your standard version?

A distinct possibility ;)

• 1 year later...

Just found this through the links at the bottom of your posts. Absolutely excellent finish and a really interesting plane. You know a build's good when it makes you go and read about the real one, and think about getting the same kit.

Edited by Will Vale

Thanks guys ^_^

Do the steps come in the kit because they are a work of art in there own right.

They do - in fact, because of the duplication of sprues, you get two of them :)

Great build mike....you have some kind of sado streak if you prefer to mask that lot by hand :wacko:

:lol: thanks... and that's masochism... like a lot of modelling! ;)