Airfix 1/72 F117A Nighthawk

This is my lastest build, a quick one to do before I start my next project.

This is probably the worst kit I've built for a very long time. The fit was awful, but what surprised me the most was that the raised surface detail was very dodgy, it looked as if the engravings made in the mould were done on a friday afternoon! The edges overshot each other so squares had lines being too long and looking very bad. I sanded them off naturally :P

The canopy is off an italeri kit, as the airfix one was missing, hence it being open as it will not fit closed, not even close!

I'm fairly happy with the final result, it's nowhere near great but it will look fine in my cabinet, and it looks like a Nighthawk to me :)

IMG_3001.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg

IMG_3003.jpg

IMG_3004.jpg

IMG_3005.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

Got my bench cleared for my next project too :)

IMG_3008.jpg

Cheers

Tim

Thanks guys :) My bench is only tidy because I try and tidy it before each build, otherwise I'd go insane!

Thomas, the canopy was from the Italeri kit I think, luckily I had the canopy in the spares box when I came to do this, the rest of the clear sprue was tinted very dark black however,

so I'm kinda glad that it was missing :P

Cheers

Tim

Looks good... :) You should have contacted Airfix for a spare canopy, I'm sure they would have one, as I have seen the inner sanctum that is their spares department.. if there's anywhere I'd love to work, it would be there!! :)

That's come out really well and the way you've given the black depth is fantastic. Great job.