#24 Monte Carlo

I had this kit almost finished a couple of years ago and came across it whilst packing for the house move.

Didn't need much to finish it so thought I would spend a bit of time with it.

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

I can't remember who the kit manufacturer was other than it was bought off eBay as a "Donor Kit" so came in a plastic bag with instructions but no decals, from the same seller I bought a set of Slixx decals for Gordon's Monte the Aaron's 499 race at Talladega.

Great kit to build and the deals were excellent.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Madmonk

oh yes I forgot to post on this earlier. It's very well done indeed. In fact I can't see any flaws at all, its flawless!

I'll admit I had to look up on wiki because the Nascars on Gran Turismo 5 looked a bit different to this one, being more boxy at the rear. I worked out a major difference, the 2010 cars in the racing game are based on the Chevrolet Impala model and not the Monte Carlo like this one!

Thanks guys, not sure why I stopped it originally but glad she is done now.

Obi, I have spent many a long moment try to explain that NASCAR is not just about driving round in circles (or ovals!) but the subtlties of drafting and bumping seem to be lost on the uninitiated. With the lack of NASCAR on terrestrial TV I have lost touch with it over the last couple of years.

There is a great paper model site if you fancy building a few card models.

http://www.extazaweb.sk/nascarpapermodels/download.htm

The Jimmy Johnson car at the bottom is fantastic.

Thanks for the kind words Rowan and Smiffy there are flaws if you look closely!

Cheers,

Nice clean job though to correct you, Slixx stopped making NASCAR decals in 2003 due to high licencing costs. The decals are JWTBM Decals for Jeffs' 2005 Daytona Pepsi 500 winning car. And the kit is Revell's 2003-2005 Chevy Monte Carlo. I'm guessing you got them as a bundle from Mike's Decals. He's a great guy and I've bought a lot from him over the years.

AMT are currently selling pre-painted snap-fix versions of the 2010 Chevy Impala SS COT but in 1/25 scale.

Andy

Really nice model, good to see a NASCAR on here!

I'll have to dig a couple of my old builds out & photo them, I went through a phase of building nothing but NASCAR's but haven't done any for years. Sold off most of my kits too now.

Keef

My pleasure Obi, they do build quite nicely.

Andy, I bow to your greater knowledge, it was about 4 years ago when I bought them and the memory is not what it used to be. Mike's Decals was definitely the site I bought it from, I tried to find the race on the Internet but obviously was a year out.

Thanks for all the comments.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...