Finished builds gallery

Hi

Here is my Sea Harrier FA2 in the 899 NAS 25 Year Anniversary "Admiral's Barge" Scheme. The kit is the current 1/72 Airfix offering built straight from the box and painted by brush with Humbrol 25. I used Model Alliance decals to finish her.

I have noticed a few aspects that need tidying, but otherwise I am happy with the result.

My short build thread is here.

sharfini.jpg

sharfini1.jpg

sharfini3.jpg

sharfini4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A small and quick build...

*Kit:Revell BAe Harrier GR. Mk.7

*Scale:1/144

*Paints Used: Brush painted with Revell Aqua Colours, Panel washed with Promodellers Wash

*Extras Used: None

*Notes: Full build thread (including build pics and more final pics can be found HERE)

Finished2.jpg

Finished4.jpg

Finished5.jpg

Finished6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hasegawa 1/48 AV-8B Harrier II Night Attack, in the colours of VMAT-203 'Hawks'.

Built from the box, Gunze paint mainly, Superscale decals, bombs from a Hasegawa weapons set. Weathered with Flory Models washes and pigments.

More pics in Ready for inspection. :)

DSC_0019-1.JPG

DSC_0034.JPG

DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0003-9.JPG

DSC_0038.JPG

DSC_0019-2.JPG

DSC_0022-1.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

Cheers

Edited by M4rk

Royal Thai Navy Harrier AV-8S - 3108 of 301 Squadron (Build No. 161176 and formerly 01-811 VA.1-8 of the Spanish Navy)

This is the Airfix 1/48 scale GR.3 kit. Modifications made are detailed in the build notes here. This was build no. 7 in my current Harrier project.

I think it turned out okay, but you're more than welcome to comment either way back in the build thread or in the ready for inspection thread here (similar photos)

HarrierAV-8S-ThaiNavy-310802.jpg

HarrierAV-8S-ThaiNavy-310801.jpg

HarrierAV-8S-ThaiNavy-310803.jpg

HarrierAV-8S-ThaiNavy-310804.jpg

Thanks for your support along the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my 1/48 Monogram GR1 Hawker Harrier;

005-18.jpg

004-22.jpg

003-29.jpg

001-18.jpg

The actual aircraft was converted to a GR3, and was written off in an accident in 1973 when it ingested a bird on take-off. :(

Edited by Doug Rogers

My FA.2, built OOB from the Airfix Club boxing of their 1/72 kit, in the kit decals for "Satan One" in the 800 NAS disbandment scheme.

006-3.jpg

005-3.jpg

003-4.jpg

004-3.jpg

Build thread is here...

Thanks to the hosts for a fun GB, and thanks to all participants for showing off their lovely Harrier builds!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

two *almost* completed airfix GR3's, 1/72nd scale - they arent perfect, far from it actually but they will do for now; these were useful practice for the more complicated airfix club kits....they'll be up next :)....after I've done them, and hopefully got a pair of detail decal sheets for these two, I'll add the final details to both, but for now they're as done as they are going to be

RAFHarrierGR3_complete8.jpg

RAFHarrierGR3_complete1.jpg

RAFHarrierGR3-2_complete5.jpg

one of the weird bits of aircraft history - this one had the 233 ocu logo applied wrongly for a while, so thats the version I decided on

- it's a bit different and I like different :) (thanks to the Alleycat decal info for that, courtesy of the Harrier sig)

more details in the builds forum, inlcuding why one of them doesnt have a serial number.....:)

Edited by kev1n

• 3 weeks later...

Well it is finished sorry about the photos they are from my phone. Not the best as with the model but as this is the but glad I finished it. As this is the first time showing any thing on here after getting back into building kit from a brake of twenty something years.IMAG0097.jpg

IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

ok here it is.....

...'it'.....lol.....there was supposed to be two but the RN got lost at sea, however, the RAF is done

The big issue with this kit, the club kit GR7 which apparently is actually quite an old kit, is the cockpit canopy is grossly too big...

Havent figured out how to fix it yet, if it can be fixed, maybe I'll try heating it and bending the lower frame so it fits....just thinking aloud....

or....does anybody have any ideas? If so I'd love to hear them.

So the canopy isnt glued in place...it's just resting (poor thing, must be tired out...)

more pics in the build topic and finished pics in reasdy for inspection

RAFHarrierGR7-basiccomplete1.jpg

RAFHarrierGR7-basiccomplete2.jpg

and without the canopy...

RAFHarrierGR7-basiccomplete8.jpg

...and three out of four isnt bad :)

RAFHarrierGR7-basiccomplete3.jpg

Edited by kev1n

Well....as far as this GB is concerned she's done! Still a bit of tidying up to do though - particularly regarding the cockpit yellow "sealant" - I was going to use decal tape - and should have!! I'll make a few corrections in the week and post in the Aircraft Gallery.

Sorry about the picture's - all a bit rushed this evening to beat the deadline, th eflash has given the model a purple tinge!. Once I've made the corrections to the model I'll psot some more pic's

IMG_9465.jpg

IMG_9459.jpg

IMG_9460.jpg

Thanks for looking, all comments welcome!

Well here's my first ever entry in a group build! This is the new Airfix 1/72 Harrier GR7A/GR9A with decals by Model Alliance for the 41® Sqdn scheme, a white metal seat from Aeroclub. Weathering is a mix of Flory Models wash, dry brushing and pastels. Still got a couple of tweaks to do before I present it in the RFI section in the next few days.

P9100134.jpg

P9100135.jpg

P9100138.jpg

P9100142.jpg

Mark.